Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Recruiting other sims to the military

My Sim was just promoted to level 8 military, Lieutenant Colonel. His work from home task for the day is to recruit other Sims to the military. It says to click on another Sim and select "Recruit". But I can't find any option to do that. Does anyone know how this works or what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks in advance!
  • I found the problem. It was an out of date mod that was keeping it from working. Thank you to those who tried to help me.
  • I don't use any mods, but have the same problem. The sim I'm trying to recruit is jobless and the Recruit option doesn't appear. :pensive:
      RaysBabyCakes
      Newcomer

Click on Sim of choice

more choices>friendly>more choices>try to recruit into military 

This worked on someone I have only spoken to twice. Hope this helps. 

• I have not seen that in the Men in Black branch - but I did see it in the regular branch of the service. I tried to recruit the goofy guy that runs the stand - and got no where - but when I tried my Sims had already won the battle so I just assumed that may only work before the battle is ended or maybe it didn't work because of that sim being a Conspiracy Theorists.

To be honest I never tried that further and instead opted to start over and go in the Men in Black branch this time. I also changed up my play a bit from the prior battle - I just know I don't recall getting the recruit dialog the second time. I may have and overlooked it too - as in real life I was in and out of the hospital for two weeks so anything is possible. I just don't recall getting it again and I again finished the battle so I've just focused on my Man in Black guy topping his career.

One thing I can suggest is make sure the one you are trying to recruit doesn't have another job - or isn't a Conspiracy Theorist.
  • Could it be you have to build a relationship with the sim your sim is trying to recruit? I just wonder because we have to build relationships with sims we are trying to recruit to defeat the Mother Plant....
  • "JC1979;c-17015010" wrote:
    Could it be you have to build a relationship with the sim your sim is trying to recruit? I just wonder because we have to build relationships with sims we are trying to recruit to defeat the Mother Plant....

Well in my case the Goofy guy is actually a good friend with my Sim both times - infact my sim has given him a key to his house both times. But I do agree you probably have to have somewhat of a friendship with the one you are trying to recruit.
  • The sim I was trying to recruit is already a good friend. His job is Gym Trainer. I don't know if that would be a reason why the option to recruit would not be there. But maybe I will try again with someone who doesn't have a job and see.