Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Sims 4: A Disappointment?

I have spent thousands of hours playing Sims 4...the only comparable game to Sims 4 would be 'World Of Warcraft'. This is my offline game...I have about 3 hours 'online' play on my Origin account. Sims 3 was my portal into the Sims Universe and I loved it...no mods required.
Sims 4 requires mods...mods have saved this game from dying a slow death. For a while, the expansions and game packs installed some much needed fun and enjoyable content, but the modding community added depth and context to offset the randomness of the vanilla game.
Without the wonderful modding community with a particular shout out to 'Deaderpool', I wouldn't be playing Sims 4 anymore. EA are more than aware that the modding community saved their game and made them a lot of money in the process.
The last two years however, have been disappointing. The packs have been superficial at best and the fun factor has been arrested, charged and imprisoned for the forseeable future.
I held out hope for 'Cottage Living'...it certainly adds some flavour to the world of Sims 4, it has a nice aesthetic. But is it fun? Is it replayable and does it enhance the existing world of Sims 4? I am on the fence.