Forum Discussion

5 years ago

What actual celebrities would you like in your game?

A while ago The Sims team released a downloadable Sim of a celebrity. I can't remember her name, probably due to how I had no clue who she was, but it got me thinking; who would I actually want in my world?

In case some of you don't know what I'm talking about, about a week ago when I started my game one of the notifications was there was a sim available to download and place in my world that is a recreation of some woman who apparently is known by some people for doing something. For those that know who this person is, what she did to become known, and are fans, I assure you that my lack of knowledge of her is by no means a reflection of any dislike of her. I'm not even sure if this was in some way an "official" release, or this person made this herself and released it for public consumption and the team simply supported it. Either way, I still like the idea.

This wouldn't be the first time in Sim history an actual celebrity was in the game as themselves. In "The Sims 2: Sims in the City" (console), one of the Sim characters is the recording artist Fergie from the group "The Black Eyed Peas". There are countless sims created by players to be recreations of actual celebrities as well, and most of them are done fantastically, but there's something about having a sim that's endorsed by the person it represents.

To be honest though, I really can't think of any living celebrity I would go out of my way to have in my game. There are many historical figures and countless fictional characters I would be interested in though.

Cleopatra and Antony
To me this is one of the world's greatest love stories and I would adore to have them available to see them have a happy ending. My only concern would be the lack of Romanesque and Ancient Egyptian decor and the eternal debate over what Cleopatra actually looked like.

Sherlock Holmes and Watson
They would, of course, be detectives. Sherlock might get a bit bored of the lack of murder though.

The entire cast of Gilligan's Island
So we can finally settle the argument over who hooked up with Mary Ann.

Full House and Family Matters
We'd need a "cut-it-out" animation and, of course, the Urkle dance.

Happy Days
Who wouldn't want to live down the street from the Fonz or be able to have a milkshake at Al's diner?

So, who famous would you like to see in your Sims game?