Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Why do children "love" the trick or treat tradition?

Maybe I'm missing something, but there doesn't seem to be any way for kids to actually participate in trick or treating? They can't go door to door, only NPCs can (btw, if any one has a mod that lets playable kids and teens go trick or treating, even just a rabbit hole type thing, I'd be thrilled to try it). But only adults can give trick or treats to the kids that come to the door so...

I don't know. Again, maybe I'm missing something obvious? Is there something kids are supposed to be doing that I'm not getting? I even tried having them take a treat from the bowl, or asking for one at a spooky party, but that doesn't seem to work either. Any insights?
  • Probably because trick-or-treating is generally done by kids irl so they decided to make them naturally 'love' that tradition, but it's useless since they can't do it themselves. :| Makes no sense to me, but it also made no sense to me that they assigned loving/ignoring certain traditions based on age.
  • "FanPhoria;d-959114" wrote:
    Maybe I'm missing something, but there doesn't seem to be any way for kids to actually participate in trick or treating? They can't go door to door, only NPCs can (btw, if any one has a mod that lets playable kids and teens go trick or treating, even just a rabbit hole type thing, I'd be thrilled to try it). But only adults can give trick or treats to the kids that come to the door so...

I don't know. Again, maybe I'm missing something obvious? Is there something kids are supposed to be doing that I'm not getting? I even tried having them take a treat from the bowl, or asking for one at a spooky party, but that doesn't seem to work either. Any insights?

its annoying as hell that I own the sims 4 seasons and the Halloween pack but with no trick or treat feature
    I rely on mods for both year round candy and this feature
  • "Cheekybits;c-17058401" wrote:
    I believe kids can ask for a trick or treat from other sims around them or the other sims in the house hold can give them a trick or treat. Also there is a mod it’s the explore mod from kawaiistacie it lets your sims go trick or treating but only when the holiday pops up.

Yes, but as I mentioned, this doesn't satisfy the seasons holiday activity requirements.

@Simsandra it's not one of the automatic holidays, so yes it's a custom made one, but the "Spooky Day" decorations and activities, like wearing costumes "spooky spirit" and, the one I mentioned here, trick or treating, are all already available in game. So it's very easy to make your own "Spooky Day" every fall :D

Halloween is my favorite holiday irl, so adding it was basically the first thing I did when I got seasons lol.
  • I've never actually thought about that because I always ignore the Halloween holiday because Halloween isn't really a thing where I'm from :'D
  • I never got the halloween holiday. Is it actually in the game or did you make it yourself?
  • I believe kids can ask for a trick or treat from other sims around them or the other sims in the house hold can give them a trick or treat. Also there is a mod it’s the explore mod from kawaiistacie it lets your sims go trick or treating but only when the holiday pops up.
  • Thank you @FanPhoria for explaining. K thought I missed something ingame. We don't have Halloween as a holiday here but I love to make Halloween parties, because it's my birthday on that day ? so I might put it into my game for something new to celebrate.
  • "Simsandra;c-17059076" wrote:
    Thank you @FanPhoria for explaining. K thought I missed something ingame. We don't have Halloween as a holiday here but I love to make Halloween parties, because it's my birthday on that day ? so I might put it into my game for something new to celebrate.

No problem! I love Halloween, and I've had a lot of fun with Spooky day in my game. Although to be honest, I've been using the "more costumes" mod, as well as a trick or treat mod to help buff up the games version a bit lol. But I've thrown a Spooky Party almost every year in my main save, and deck the house out in spooky decorations, and it's been pretty enjoyable haha.