Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Wrong werewolf's baby paternity

I have a clan of werewolves now settling down in Henford-on-Bagley.

In particular, the young adult female werewolf got married with a strapping YA male werewolf, but has *ahem* taken certain liberties with her father-in-law (also a werewolf), ultimately resulting in her getting pregnant. She was definitely pregnant with the FIL, not her husband, as I took great care in orchestrating this whole drama. :D

However, she's just given birth to a baby, but the family tree indicates her husband is the baby's father. Her husband also got the "new baby" moodlet.

Is this a glitch? Should I try again? Or does the game for some reason not allow a baby to be their mother's husband's biological brother (despite the mother being able to perform the "try for baby" interaction with her FIL)?

• I'm uncertain but i think married partner and actual dad sim always both get the panic moodlet if those are different

the family tree should show actual dad as dad though

do think game considers married partner to be adoptive dad too tho but that shouldn't show on family tree if other dude is father
  • Did you check both trees and it showed as a child of the marriage in both?

It should definitely be possible. The game even forgets great grandparents or great grandchildren are related. I don't remember a patch ever policing unrelated heritage, either.

I haven't tried this specifically with wolves, but I don't see why it show up oddly. I'd try again and see what happens.

Oh yeah, mods? Always a chance of mods screwing up.
  • Check the trees. Sims dont recognize infidelity and married spouses always recognize the kid as theirs even if it isnt. The tree should accurately depict the FIL is the father altho it might be a little funky due to the fact that the child's father is the stepfather's father.

Edit: check the FIL's tree specifically. If you check from the kid or mother's tree it may show the stepfather only because the mother is married to him.
  • "Calico45;c-18142586" wrote:

Oh yeah, mods? Always a chance of mods screwing up.

No mods, no CC. I strictly play vanilla.

"BlueR0se;c-18142888" wrote:
    check the FIL's tree specifically. If you check from the kid or mother's tree it may show the stepfather only because the mother is married to him.

I aged the baby to toddler, checked his tree, his mother's, his mother's husband's, the FIL's... all of them show the child as the mother's husband's son and never as the FIL's. The FIL is alway shown as the kid's grandfather, not father.

Maybe it was too much drama for the game to handle it. LOL

I'm tempted to have a separate test save where the husband and wife get divorced and then I can try again to see if there's any difference when she's not married to anyone. I also suspect this problem has something to do with the fact that the mother and biological father (the FIL) belong to two different generations/levels on the family tree. If she had had a baby with, say, one of her husband's brothers instead of his father, I suspect correct paternity would have been shown on the tree. The tree doesn't handle too well relationships between Sims that belong to different generations.

I need to run some tests... more drama, I guess. :D