Forum Discussion

Armika74
Seasoned Vanguard
2 years ago

Cursed Forge

Is Cursed Forge safe to use?
  • Since EA/Maxis partnered with Overwolf/CurseForge, I would say it's as safe as downloading from a creator's Patreon or Mod the Sims. I personally haven't had any issues with it. It just puts mods/cc in one place instead of having to scour the internet when updating. I use the app, and it updates mods/cc when they've been updated by creators. I personally prefer it. There are some mods I use that aren't on CurseForge, so I still have scour a bit but I just have those creators' pages bookmarked.
  • It works pretty good. It fails to include a critical file for the SS healthy delivery mod. I trusted the app too much. Now I know that if a mod does not work, that I must find the mod creator website and carefully study the instructions, comments, and my mods folder to figure out what is missing or conflicting.

I go back and forth between playing vanilla and then finally starting to use some mods again for a short while. The mod trials never last for me. I always go back to vanilla. The game is less glitchy for me without mods.