Forum Discussion

symonehenderson
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

Lovestruck world not in my game

Amongst the other issues I've been experiencing (CAS not working, cannot travel outside of home lot, pre-made sims' outfits randomizing, most pack items not searchable in build buy, cannot create events, random crashing, etc.,) I have the new pop-ups for the attraction stuff and have access to use the BB items, but the Lovestruck world itself doesn't show up in my game. It's not even grayed out (like how Batuu is because I don't own it), it's just not there at all.... I know plenty of people have been experiencing the other things I listed, but anyone running into this? 40 some dollars and I can't even use 1/3 of the pack lol.

EA, if you see this, count your days.

• symonehenderson Ursi_Usagi  This is typically caused by mods, so please remove your Mods folder and test.  You don't have to save your progress.  If that doesn't help, please test in a new save, still with no mods or custom content present, as in, move the Mods folder to the desktop and delete localthumbcache.package.

If that doesn't help either, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just start a new save and see whether you can access the new world.

Simventure77  That's usually caused by TOOL and occasionally another TwistedMexi mod.

k2c918
    Seasoned Newcomer

Zerbu-All Worlds Are Residential was the mod I had to remove to get the Lovestruck world to show up in my game.  That mod hasn't been updated yet.

symonehenderson
      Seasoned Newcomer

I did not have that mod in my game, but I'm glad it was able to help someone else! I removed my Mods folder first and am still experiencing the same issues :(

puzzlezaddict
        Hero+

symonehenderson  Did you try the clean user folder?  If not, please do so now, and let me know whether it helps.  If it does, copy one of your existing saves to the new folder and test it too.  It's important to find out whether the problem is the user folder, the save, or the install of the pack.

Yuukileskia
      Seasoned Newcomer

This fixed it for me! Thank you so much saving me hours of testing way too many mods.

• symonehenderson Ursi_Usagi  This is typically caused by mods, so please remove your Mods folder and test.  You don't have to save your progress.  If that doesn't help, please test in a new save, still with no mods or custom content present, as in, move the Mods folder to the desktop and delete localthumbcache.package.

If that doesn't help either, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just start a new save and see whether you can access the new world.

Simventure77  That's usually caused by TOOL and occasionally another TwistedMexi mod.

Ursi_Usagi
    Seasoned Newcomer

I also have no access to the new world, its also not greyed out, it plain does not exist.  the other parts are there the world is not, also the tv channels haven't worked but the world missing was a bigger issue for me.

Simventure77
    Seasoned Newcomer

Hi, I'm having the same issue with the world. I can't access the new world at all . I have all the build buy and everything else. Just now traveling or viewing the new world. My screen turns white and I have to exit the game.