Forum Discussion

taylerbeale
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

Stuck on loading screen after Lovestruck

Hi guys! I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but my game keeps getting stuck on loading screens after trying to plan a date with the new Lovestruck pack. This has happened twice now, and I took all mods out of my game before downloading the pack. Anyone else having this issue or have any tips on how to resolve it? I hate to make quick assumptions about the pack, but it's kinda unplayable at the moment :(

12 Replies

rthornton1
    Seasoned Newcomer

I'm running into similar issues. Try to load a lot or household and the green diamond just spins and never loads the lot or household. I have to force shut down my computer since the the sims and the EA app won't let me exit. The game essentially won't work for me anymore since the last update. Tried running patches and still no luck. My game remains broken since this most recent update (lining up with the lovestruck release).

KatieTiley
      Seasoned Newcomer

The same thing is happening to me too. I don't use mods and I deleted the mods folder but I'm not even able to play or load anything anymore. I also haven't been able to access Willow Creek or Oasis Springs at all. It just gives me a white screen for both. I've repaired the game several times and cleared my cache and deleted the mods folder with no luck... I'm bummed because I had a ton of builds in those worlds.

Biggkatt705
      Seasoned Newcomer

I’m having the same issue. I even left the game running for over 24 hours to see if it would load and it didn’t. ATP, my game is unplayable. 

samanthalouise23
      Newcomer

Does anyone have a fix for this as I have tried everything and can’t load any save files I have disabled mods and CC repaired game moved the file to desktop and still no joy 

• Hello! In my case I don't have any pack, but recently it's also happening to me that the loading screen doesn't respond, but it's when I want to enter the CUS or start a new game :/  It's frustrating, because I love creating sims

JustLonnieK
      Newcomer

This exact same thing is happening to me! I’ve been trying to enter CAS, but get stuck on loading screen every time. I’ve seen a couple folks say to try deleting mods/ccs if you have them but I reeeeally don’t wanna haha.

hayleyinvasion
        Rising Newcomer

You don’t have to delete them. Just move them out of the mods folder and see if the game will open. If so, then it’s a mod problem. Make sure they’re all updated. Since you get stuck going to CAS it’s most likely a CAS related mod, like more columns, traits, or something of the sort. 

• taylerbeale  That sounds like this known issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-LS-Infinite-Loading-Screen-After-Planning-Date/td-p/13896504

I don't know of a fix at the moment, but you can keep an eye on that thread for suggestions or updates.

xladycoffeex and JustLonnieK  CAS stuck loading is currently mostly mod-related.  Please see the accepted solution of this thread for mods known to cause this:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mods-CC-Issues/CAS-infinite-loading-screen-after-23-07-update/td-p/13898789

If you don't use mods, or removing them doesn't help, try a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be in the folder you've moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just test out CAS.

If the new folder works, you can transfer your saves, Tray files, UserSettings.ini, and maybe Screenshots or Recorded Videos from the old folder.  But test your mods and cc first, and update or get rid of anything that makes CAS stop working again.

• Yup, mine as well. Just sticks on the loading screen for any CAS related action. I can travel though…

• I've been having the same problem. I tried  to repair the game in EA app and that did nothing.