Forum Discussion

MirrorLady
Newcomer
8 hours ago

Grim Reaper Event Issue

In this ongoing grim event there is a task to read the newsletter from ambrosia society. My sim received it in mail but couldn't red it, the whole letter just disappeared from my inventory. This is frustrating because I cant get rest of the available rewards without completing this task. Is anyone else having the same issue? Can this be fixed?

• Hi, was having the same issue. Here’s how I got around it: loaded different lot, selected mailbox, now had the option to Reorder Ambrosia Society Newsletter, reordered, used cell phone option Expedite Mail Delivery, waited until mail carrier returned, Got Mail from Mailbox with same sim who Reordered Newsletter, letter reappeared in my inventory and i was able to read it. 

Yormom2
    Seasoned Newcomer

I receive the newsletter and read it, but event won't register. So...I'm stuck at that part too.

• Having the same exact issue. My ambrosia society newsletter just up and disappeared and won't register.

• The tasks arent even appearing in the top corner of my screen, the little reaper dude is but not the tasks

eliyaris
      Newcomer

same exact issue here, i have no tasks in the bar

• Same. the task to read the letter is also gone and dissapeared before i got to read it so i had to remember that was the next task,

lanlynk
    Seasoned Newcomer

This happened to me too. I decided to take a chance by restarting the game. I made a new save, restarted, and loaded that save. My event UI popped back up with the Newsletter task, and the mail carrier was there delivering the mail. My sim got the mail, which was the newsletter. I immediately opened his inventory and clicked to read the newsletter right then and there. It worked. The event registered the task and progressed. Hope you guys can have luck as well.