Forum Discussion

7 months ago

Different directions in gameplay

Now that we've experience the longest running Sims version, this is the chance to have a say in changes to the newest game in the franchise. Are there directions in the gameplay that we haven't seen, were only small features or were used in earlier games? I didn't include things like life stages or more options for building because these are already the major focus of the game (whether you like or dislike how they have been used). As always, you can only choose one option, but you can always add more in the comments.
    Anonymous
    I think #1 for me is Create a World.

I haven't had much experience with Sims 4 after I stopped playing many years back. But I remember launching the game for the first time on September 2, 2014 and being shocked at the fixed lots and fixed worlds that limit creativity in shaping the neighborhoods. It was just like Sims 1. And that has never been updated.

Sims 2 and 3 allowed free placement of lots and even new maps for fully custom worlds.

Sims 5 must have world customization tools at launch.

Kathykins
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I loved World Adventures, I couldn't get enough of if. What we have now is just a bleak shadow in comparison. Selvadorada and Granite Falls look good, but I don't have enough to do there but collect stuff. Once I have everything, there's no reason for me to go back.

Speaking of which, I'd like more interesting places for my sims to live. A proper underwater world for my mersims, a bigger place for my vamps to reside, and yes a livable magic world for my magic folks. I'd also like for fairies to make a return, since it doesn't seem like they will for TS4, with of course a world to accomodate them (like Sylvan Glade, but a lot bigger).

And more worlds like Sulani would be very welcome. I do anything to get away from snow and cold weather (we've had down to -30 celcius this winter). I mean, where else could my sims go swimming in the ocean mid-winter?! :D
  • I fondly remember making worlds from SimCity to use in an early Sims game and importing my Sims from it to Sim Golf, where they could work their way round your golf course, criticising your poor creativity on creating it on the way. Of course they brought in Sid Meier, a creative genius to make that game.

I wouldn't mind Maxis making a new world where it included residential as well as hotels where you could visit a golf course and combining all the activities you go on holiday for, Ranches for horse riding, cycling tracks, skating rinks, holiday parks in the one pack, depending on which packs you've bought of course.

• I would love to play more effective historical sims. I would also love a liveable fantasy world and create a world. I really enjoy Jungle Adventure so a pack in that vein with a different theme would suit me well, depending on what the theme was.
  • Occults and Historical

Having been here since TS1
    I'm not majorly interested in going through same packs for 5th time 4 times is quite enough

but I would love
    "The Sims Occults and Eras"
    kind of game

the packs could be inspired by different countries/eras
    and we could have all the occult imaginable, big fire breathing dragon friends and it would be beautiful :bawling: :heart:

Unfortunately thats not what Rene is about so far so I'm meh about it
  • I need CAW back, and this time not just an unfinished app left in BETA like they did for TS3 :D I use TS3 custom worlds more than the ones by EA because there are so many amazing ones made by simmers. I do not enjoy being tied down to a specific world/lot layout and not being able to change it.
  • All of them, really. Something like TS2's Body Shop would be great as it allows anyone to make their own sim related CC.
    Artie_ATH
    Seasoned Novice
    I voted for the venues, but Create-A-World is also quite important.
    Not sure if I will get Sims 5, though, because I only play on a MacBook and I don't know if that is going to be supported.

About The Sims Franchise Discussion

Discuss The Sims Medieval, the original The Sims, and speculate on the future of the franchise, including Project Rene.1,005 PostsLatest Activity: 2 hours ago