Forum Discussion

2 years ago

First Job Listing To Mention Project Rene (Animations)

Lead OS Animator - Maxis

Teams are building the next generation game and creative platform, Project Rene and reimagining The Sims that players know and love with even more new ways to play.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3335409290

What new animations are you hoping to see in Project Rene?
  • I hope they actually build a pose player into the game instead of Simmers having to download something like Andrews pose player (Sims 4 studio).
  • Elevator animations. I want to see my Sims enter the elevator and not just vanish into thin air before the elevator.
    https://youtu.be/VxycaqJA8jE
  • "simmerorigin;c-18197771" wrote:
    Noteworthy that there's no mention of parameter-based procedural animation, only keyframing and motion capture.

I'll have to Google that later. ?
  • @simgirl1010 how would you see sims actualyputting on removing there clothes rather than spin in there outfit and have the control to change there outfit the next sim day in game?
  • I want them to return different spinning animations depending on the laziness of your Sims in the Sims 2. It was a neat little detail I loved and miss in future Sims games.
  • "Chicklet453681;c-18197927" wrote:
    "simgirl1010;d-1004413" wrote:

It's not "new" but I hope they get rid of the "Butt-in-the-Air" animation for when sims pass out from being too tired. Absolutely HATE that one, irritates me still to this day!

i totaly agree with you 200%
  • "Chicklet453681;c-18197927" wrote:
    "simgirl1010;d-1004413" wrote:

It's not "new" but I hope they get rid of the "Butt-in-the-Air" animation for when sims pass out from being too tired. Absolutely HATE that one, irritates me still to this day!

It bothered me so much I use a mod to remove it and make them pass out normally instead.
  • "logion;c-18198537" wrote:
    More variations probably, and more interactions with smaller objects. I think they have said that they are looking into new ways for different sims to interact with each other. I would not mind different animations when they are sitting and talking, so three sims that are sitting down in a sofa will all sit differently and they will move their hands differently when they are talking.

I also think for standard animations that you use a lot and when it's supposed to be romantic or serious the animations should be more subtle. We can still have over the top animations for rare occasions like failing to cook something but not for animations that we see often in my opinion.

Their idle animations should also be more subtle, I have never liked that sims are smiling with a large smile and laughing when they are happy, which they often tend to be.

Sims should also heat up their leftovers in their microwave, for suitable leftovers, not salads...

Yup. I don’t know about you, but heated iceberg lettuce with cucumbers, olives and dressing is not my favorite food. Even combined with tomatoes and cheese. Spring rolls and sushi are also served cold, not hot. Keep the cold food cold, and the hot food hot!

Having usable clutter items and more activities would also help here. A fruit bowl Sims can actually grab fresh fruit from. A knife block that Sims can grab a knife or even scissors from. A bottle of suntan lotion that can actually be carried in inventory and applied at the beach, and bought at the beach. “Don’t forget the sunscreen”. The umbrella rack from Seasons needs to return with options for custom user recolored umbrellas. The dishwasher with loading and unloading animations needs to be included from the start, as should stairs, slides, swings, elevators and ladders. Ramps are an important architectural feature as are spiral stairs.

Having transportation animations is also important, whether it be walking down an invisible stairs to a subway rabbit hole, waiting for and entering public transportation or carpools, riding bicycles or motorcycles, or opening the car, van or truck door for traveling or delivery. Plus if you are playing with a household but only want part of the household to move, a moving truck should arrive before the location to move to screen shows up.

Seeing Adult and child Sims open doors and cupboards would be adorable. Blenders and garbage disposals would be a nice addition too. Instead of the loading screen when traveling within the same world, cut scenes should be used, like ringing the doorbell, knocking on the door, having a friendly chat with the neighbor. I really miss the cut scenes from Sims 2. I miss the ability to see Sims repairing cars and fixing or repairing stuff from the junkyard.

Cars: there could be a choice between buying one from a used car salesman, repairing a junk car from the scrapyard, or a rabbit hole dealership selling hybrid vehicles.

Also, since Sims 4 has a playful emotion, laughing should be limited to this emotion, or serious should be a selectable trait. Also, Sims 5 really needs at least 5 trait slots, even if some are initially hidden. Reward traits help enormously and should absolutely be kept as well.