Forum Discussion

EA_Solaire
Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager
7 months ago

FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS MARCH 8TH - A WEEK ON THE SIMS FORUMS

FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS MARCH 8TH - A WEEK ON THE SIMS FORUMS

Sul Sul Simmers!

Happy Friday and happy March! Spring is now just around the corner which for me means it's time to bust out the vacuum and do lots of spring cleaning! Who wants to take bets on how many cat toys I find hiding under my furniture...

Now let's see what we can craft up with this week's highlights!

Creating decorations for the castle, posted here, by @blueybluesky

• With the recent announcement of Moana 2, I've been binging all my favorite Disney movies lately, so let's start this week with this magical gameplay challenge from @ArrowJoy4 who was a fresh new take on the Disney Princess Challenge. For this challenge, each princess has a new set of traits, aspirations and challenges to complete all based on their individual personality and style. So which princess's challenge will you be playing first? If you try this challenge, tell us which princess you liked best! πŸ‘ΈπŸ½πŸ°

• Unfortunately from time to time our Sims have extra bad luck and suffer from a lot of accidents, sometimes intentionally for the sake of a good story, so @EnkiSchmidt is wondering which of your Sims tend to suffer the most? I'd have to agree that unfortunate accidents do make for a good plotline, so sadly for my Sims, they tend to endure plenty of misfortune, especially my extreme Rags to Riches playthroughs. The most common occurrence in my games is repeatedly being struck by lighting from living outside or kitchen fires from poor quality appliances 🌩️πŸ”₯ But what happens with your Sims? Do you take extra care to ensure they never suffer at all, or do all your Sims have equally bad luck? Do they experience mostly physical accidents like mine, or emotional damage like constant break-ups or bullying? Whether your Sims are suffering for the sake of a plotline, or purely by accident, be sure to share with us which of your Sims are the most unfortunate!

• For our build this week, we have this sleek and stunning contemporary style ranch house, Urbane Vista created by @manicpot8to. This modern vista includes 3 bedrooms, an in-home gym, a large loft, and a bright sunroom to peacefully enjoy indoor gardening. With beautiful landscaping and rich warm wood tones, this vista is the perfect oasis escape for any desert world, so be sure to check it out! 🌡🏠

• Up next, we have this emotional Rags to Riches gameplay story written by @SoulGal7. This story focuses on the Broke family (who you may recognize from The Sims 2) and centers around the rebellious teen of the family, Dustin. Our young protagonist is currently taking a break from school due to a tragedy and is solely focused on providing income for his growing family. This week, he dabbles in frog breeding and computer hacking as he prepares his home for the arrival of his new baby brother. So will Dustin be able to keep his family afloat? Will the house ever be finished? Will he finally finish writing his book without getting too distracted? Be sure you keep up with this stirring story to see what happens next! πŸ’²πŸ’°

• Last month for The Sim's birthday, a new 24 while 24 checklist challenge was created, and @CharityCodes has recently written their own adaption of this very fun challenge. For this version, you'll be rolling for a random numbered challenge and roll again for the length of days to complete it. If you're successful in completing the challenge in the allotted time-frame, you'll roll yet again for a random reward, which includes specific lot challenges or NAPs, and then move on to the next challenge. The ultimate goal is to complete all 24 challenges before your family dies out. So if you think you're up for this version of the 24 challenge, be sure to give this one a try! 🎲🎲🎲

And with that, I hope you all stay safe, have a wonderful weekend, and happy Simming πŸ’š
Till next time!

EA_Solaire