Forum Discussion

EA_Solaire
Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager
11 months ago

FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS NOVEMBER 3RD - A WEEK ON THE SIMS FORUMS

Sul sul everyone!

Happy Friday, and happy November! Did you all have a frightfully fun Halloween? Did you go trick-or-treating, or did you stay home like me, and binge on candy and horror movies? Tell me all about it!

Did you catch all the big updates from this week?

• On Monday, the official Discord server for The Sims went live! You can join the server here to stay looped in on all the latest Sims news, connect with other Simmers, and participate in various different challenges and giveaways.

• Tuesday brought us a new patch, which included a number of bug fixes, improvements to The Gallery's text moderation, and a brand new feature - Discovery Quests! Be sure to read up on the patch notes here for all the details.

• And yesterday, the newest EP was fully revealed! Preorders are now live, and For Rent will be available on December 7th. If you missed the trailer, you can catch it here!

Double double, toil and trouble, posted here by @mcrudd

So what's been brewing this week on the forums?

• We had a very exciting announcement this week, so let's get our highlights kicked off with the Official For Rent Countdown started by @catloverplayer - we are currently only 34 days away! The world of Tomarang looks absolutely stunning - with beautiful Southeast Asian-inspired architecture, a lush botanical garden, and a charming animal sanctuary. So what's got you most excited for this pack? Is it the multi-family lots, the night market, the rice cooker? With so many new things to look forward to, tell us what has you hyped! πŸ—οΈπŸ’

• After retirement, your Elder Sims have all the time in the world to start exploring new hobbies, practicing new skills, and travelling the world. But for those of you who like to use retirement to complete aspirations, @kiwi84 wants to know which aspirations do you like to have Elders complete? While knitting or family related aspirations may seem like the obvious answer here, I prefer to pick something a bit more adventurous for my Elders - my current oldest Sim has just finished exploring Selvadorada to earn the Archeology Scholar aspiration, and will soon be venturing out to defeat the Mother Plant and complete StrangerVille Mystery. So what are your favorite aspirations to give to your Elders? Do you prefer to take them on exciting adventures, like discovering Moonwood Mill, or do you prefer something a little quieter, like painting or writing? Whichever way you like to enjoy your Sim's retirement, tell us all about it! πŸ‘΅πŸ§Ά

• This week for our featured build, we have this spectacular turn of the century style home, Hever Cottage created by @manicpot8to. This large family home includes 4 bedrooms, a nursery, 3 bathrooms, a study, and multiple verandas to relax and enjoy all the luscious landscaping and climbing ivy. With a soothing green and brown color pallet and modern interior upgrades, this countryside cottage is the perfect home for your growing family - be sure to check it out! πŸ‘πŸ’š

• Gardening has been a long time staple of The Sims franchise, and with so many produce options, @babajayne wants to know how do you manage your excessive amounts of produce? I love creating large intricate gardens for my Sims, and typically use my endless amount of harvestables as my sole source of income, either through crafting different types of nectar, creating flower arrangements, or cooking various recipes for my Anywhere Any Fare Food Stand. For any left-over produce, I'll either sell it straight from my inventory, or use it as bait for fishing. But what do you like to do with all your extra fruits and veggies? Do you stash them away in your fridge and forget about them, or do you stockpile them in your Sim's inventory for later use? Be sure to share all your tips and tricks for how you manage your hoard of harvestables! πŸ₯•πŸ…πŸŽ

And with that, I hope you all stay safe, have a wonderful weekend, and happy Simming πŸ’š
Till next time!

EA_Solaire