Forum Discussion

Rflong7
New Vanguard
3 months ago

Is TS4 done now?

No more little packs to add? Can we start seeing something of the Future of the Franchise?

I'm thinking it's been Insane now and it's gonna be over. ⛓️🤪🤯

• In this Behind The Sims blog from September 2023 the developers said we could expect new Sims 4 content for the foreseeable future.

Project Rene will Coexist With Other Sims Games

Project Rene and The Sims 4 will exist side by side. We will continue to support both at the same time and will plan to bring more exciting content to The Sims 4 community for the foreseeable future.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/news/behind-the-sims-episode-3

Rob199x
    Rising Adventurer

There's also some rumors about the sims 5 for ps5 specifically being canceled based on linkedin changes. But who knows if project rene and dolores were ever ment to be TS5. I think now that they managed to update the engine to DX11, they expect to be able to push this cart allong for another 5 years . They won't have ram issues or CPU incompatibility like TS3 had, so aside from slowly exluding very weak hardware there's nothign stopping them to keep going on the same engine. Not much different from some MMO's

_WindowsUser1_
      Rising Rookie

Yeah I seen that, something about sims5 being cancelled for console. lol  Its all hearsay, quite frankly idk whats going on, and take YT influencers' hype with a pinch of salt.

Honestly, I still cant belive sim4 was running with DX 10.  2024 and NOW switcing to DX11, thats just lazy.  It shows how far behind sims4 actually is.  I guess EA want to save one person whose compty, can only manage to  run the game on DX9/10. Huh?   

So many budget cuts, people laid off, simsGurus just...leaving. 

Its been a very rocky ten years for the sims 4, and she is still fighting every step of the way.

Roll on Sims5/Rene/etc/etc

Rob199x
        Rising Adventurer

not 10, 9. When they were working on the game before release i don't think 10 was even out yet

JaiSea
    Seasoned Rookie

A few years ago I was ready for The Sims 5. But since then I've been enjoying The Sims 4 and I'm just not ready to replace it just yet. (I don't believe Project Rene is The Sims 5🤷‍♀️)