Forum Discussion

Aramezra
New Rookie
16 days ago

Wich sims game do you like the best?

Wich sims game you like like the best, 1, 2, 3 or 4? I like sims 3 and 2 comes sort of close. After those sims 4. I love open word and colour wheel in sims 3. Currently I play sims 3 and 4 both, they have good and bad so yeah...

Anmirla
    Seasoned Rookie

2 will always have my heart. I play it daily. It's the one that even if I couldn't play all the packs, I would still enjoy it. 3 follows up. 

4 is a bit of a mess and if it was sorted out, it would be much more enjoyable. I'm an occult player and I think those Sims are the best in 4.

1 was the shizz in it's day. I couldn't get enough of it. 2 came along and did exactly what it was supposed to do - outshine it's predecessor.

Aramezra
      New Rookie

I own some bits of 1, but it's far from the best. 2 is very good, but when I used to played it I was still young enough not know have to do somethings or use much cc. 3 is the best in my mind and love it. 4 is reylly a mesh, but if maxis was to solve it's big problems it was atleast nice if not really good. 

• TS2 and 4 are the best for me personally! I couldn’t play any other iteration anymore. 

2 was my introduction to the franchise and blew my tiny childhood mind, but apart from the nostalgia it was so fun and quirky! I love the humour and the difficulty of that game. The game was so packed with detail and depth… I pray all the time for a remaster, but a girl can dream lmao. 

4 I adore because it feels closer to TS2. I don’t know how to describe it. But I love the art style, the inclusivity, the real improvements in Build/Buy mode… I can’t wait til I can play again! 😂

• sims 2 and 3.  

sims 3 is the best for me because of the open worlds. I love the occults in sims 3 and 4.

• At one time I would have told you Sims2 is my favorite. I did move on to Sims3 and there's a lot I like about it, but sadly, it had mechanical issues, if that's the correct term for it. I had a gaming rig, a brand new one at the time and it struggled to play the game.  I had to use at staggering 22 or more mods to stabilize that iteration.

I did play it, daily, however, but with more of a love/hate relationship.  Once Showtime came out that really sparked with me.  One thing that bothered me the most, however, was that the Sims themselves weren't as quirky and fun, lively, if you will, as they were and are in Sims2.

I made the switchover to Sims4 after they dropped the multiplayer aspect of the game. I pre-ordered the base game with the caveat that if the Sims themselves weren't more like the ones in Sims2 (I never expected and exact replica.), that I wouldn't buy another Sims4 pack.

And while I don't have all of them, I'm very invested in Sims4. Of course, I still have mods to help with gameplay. But I love Sims4. 

Miataplay
      Seasoned Ace

Sims 3 runs amazing with a new gaming PC that has a least 16 or more gigs in memory along with nraas mods. 

Sims games are always going to be a lil' buggy but modders in this community fix the issues. True Heros in the game, the modding community. ❤️

Lots of memory and clean mods are key elements for a good sims 3 game. You need a lot of memory for your PC to produce a beautiful open world in sims 3. Your PC's CPU needs to be as low as possible and cooled for smooth gameplay. This is my experience with the Sims games in general.

GalacticGal
        Seasoned Ace

Memory is always something I've had to struggle with. Getting my hubby to understand, mostly.  I now have a proper gaming laptop with lots of it. :)

BissenNess
    Seasoned Vanguard

The original game deserves some credit for being a pioneer all those years (decades!) ago. Not to mention, it spent a large chunk of its development as one man's passion project. At the same time, if you take it on it's own merits, it's objectively the worst iteration in the series. Very limited, a lot of the EPs were shallow and gimmicky. Unleashed was the first really in depth EP that we had in the series and it ended up setting the standard for EPs in the Sims 2.

I like Sims 2 and 4 equally, but for different reasons. My play style was completely different in 2 versus 4. In Sims 4, I can take advantage of the enormous flexibility in the mechanics to play and invent fun challenges. In Sims 2 I just played generic legacy rotational play. The game itself had a lot more personality, so it felt like a back and forth. The EPs were so detailed and complex. Not to mention, you didn't need a "challenge" to make it challenging. 

My feeling for Sims 3 is pure hatred. Three reasons. One: it replaced the Sims 2. Instead of getting fun new content for the Sims 2 for several more years, it was shoved aside for Sims 3. Two: it's unworkable for a rotational player. You lose household data when you switch between households. You can't put one household on ice while another household progresses (an option they brought back, and even improved on, for the Sims 4). Three: the graphics are dreadful. They were going for greater realism, but they took a wrong turn and ended up in uncanny valley.

Jehane40
      Rising Traveler

Totally agree on the graphics for Sims 3. No matter what, I never managed to create a Sim that looked nice. I did like the overall gameplay and the open world(s), though, and when I started to play Sims 4 I was very confused at first because it looked so different and felt kinda empty. Now it's my favourite Sims game but then, I have never played the very first, and Sims 2 was such a long time ago that I hardly remember what it felt like playing that one. Having said that, Sims 4 is the only one in the serious that I spent a lot of time with, and still do.

Anmirla
      Seasoned Rookie

1 definitely deserves praise but if you didn't start with it, you can't truly appreciate it. You can see the progress, but you will never get the wow factor of loving the game then having the next in the series blow it away. 1 was the blueprints, 2 was the built project.

Unfortunately, according to some of the higher level modders, 2 could not continue on because the coding was breaking down. I remember this being discussed on the BBS. If they would have added more, the game would've become unplayable. At first I didn't like 3, but I changed my play style and saw things differently. I rotate and play all the households in 2. I wasn't really into creating my own. In 3, I created my my own and didn't touch premades. I started playing homeless Sims, starting them with nothing and building them up. And of course, I was creating my Occult sims. 😃 Rotational play didn't matter to me in this iteration. Once I changed how I approached playing, I loved it. But it needed the EPs. Unlike 2, I could not go back to just the base game or a few EPs. It would be too boring for me. Yes, the sims in 3 are ugly, especially the children. 

• I'm going to put them in order to which I like them 

1.Sims 2

2.Sims 3

3.Sims.1 (Makin Magic...Is brilliant)

4.Sims 4

Bonxie_MCCC
    Seasoned Veteran

Sims 2 and Sims 4.

Sims 3 not so much, because I didn't like the overall design of the sims.

I never played the origina The Sims game.

About The Sims Franchise Discussion

Discuss The Sims Medieval, the original The Sims, and speculate on the future of the franchise, including Project Rene.1,004 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago