Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Simulator inaccurate

Before an attack simulating the outcome I get very different readings. The simulator can go from either 0% to 50%. Would it be possible to fix it? This doesn't happen everyday but often enough to hold it unreliable. Last week, actually since the service downtime, the simulator has acted up.
I use chrome as browser.
    skyfyre8
    New Spectator
    Hey,

could you maybe take screenshots (or a video?) from the two different outcomes? And you haven't changed anything in between, I guess?
  • Is the simulator meant to be 100% accurate in any case? Does it allow for any different outcomes in the real action?
  • In my experience, the in-built simulator and 3rd party simulators are not 100% accurate but do give a good idea of what to expect.
  • Sure, I have many screenshots that I can share of several problems with the simulator but how do I upload them? Jpeg doesn't work. Is there a size limit or preferred format.

• Sharing of screenshots is not possible for new members. I think the limit is that you've made 10 or more substantial posts, ie posts not just to up the number of posts count. (I'm not sure of the number, it could be less and I have no way to check.)
    skyfyre8
    New Spectator
    Hey @Tappioasema,

probably the best way is to use imgur.com or prt.sc or any similar service to share the images.
    And as @gamerdruid already stated there is some randomness to the simulator as well. The simulator should give the general direction to where the engagement is headed but not an 100% accurate forecast.
  • i just assumed the accuracy of the simulation depended on your overall strategy in some way, the peaks and valleys i mean.....
  • "F1jjYR3;c-2230687" wrote:
    i just assumed the accuracy of the simulation depended on your overall strategy in some way, the peaks and valleys i mean.....

Are you playing on a moral world? In my experience, the only times I've had an issue with simulator gremlins have been on moral worlds.
  • Morale would be a logical reason for a increased margin of error I guess. Even on no morale worlds I suspect something burried in the game consistently affects the margin.....
  • "kOeGyY;c-2233572" wrote:
    there could be 2 reasons:
    1. you are playing on a morale server and the base u sim has more then 0% morale
    2. you wait too long between 2 sims or sim --> attack.. Forgotten units can repair in this time and make can **** up your sim easily

I was thinking about when all factors seem stable and small variances might come up if you run the same simulation several times.
    You may notice certain units may show different degrees of success if you observe this way.
    The actual battle may be considered another variance with the differences pretty much having the same outcome.
    I haven't tried this in a while myself.

About Tiberium Alliances General Discussion

Talk with other players about what is going on in your Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances game.1,163 PostsLatest Activity: 13 days ago