Forum Discussion

markkaplun
New Spectator
4 years ago

Is there any (semi) official exlanation to generated OP levels

the basics of OP generation are clear, you need an OL of TE-6 to get OPs, get 5 OLs and you will get "non stop" OP generated, and the max generated per TE is 10.

but the documentation says OP level can be between TE-2 and TE+2, and while TE-2 is the default and TE-1 is easy to observe, TE are rare, TE+1 require a miracle, and I don't think I spotted a TE+2 yet. Is there any logic to the OP level or is it just mostly random?
  • "markkaplun;c-2187626" wrote:
    actually @Soixie and @gamerdruid what we see on wrath 27 in practice is slightly different than what is explained. We see OL of 46+ triggering a TE 47 to spawn OP above 47, some of them are said to be even 50 (didn't notice it myself, maybe someone confused it with a camp).

Not that I'm complaining ;)

Correct and this fact is clearly documented in the thread above;

This level limit varies by world. Many worlds experience -2 to +5, others are still -2 to +2 and others still won't spawn any outposts past level 60. The differences are based on economy and patch level.

Older world tunnels spawn +5 outpost as they should be. This fact has not been acknowledged by current devs teams whom, either have no knowledge of the original code or haven't seen it, but the code exists and is very much alive and well.

• I'm not sure where you got the documentation from, but I understand that on worlds with level 80 max it is slightly different once you get to the higher levels. @EE_Elephterion posted about this somewhere, I think.

https://forums.ea.com/en/commandandconquer/discussion/256766/mechanics-of-spawning-camps-and-outposts/p2 is the relevant thread.

Some changes were made in 21.1 to accommodate the higher limits for level 80 worlds, investigations are taking place to see if they are effective. They worked on the PTE.
  • tnx @gamerdruid I guess I missed the following nugget
    "If Offense is less than the tunnel, then the outpost level will be -1 or -2. **Once the offense level reaches tunnel level, 0 & -1 and if above then +1 & +2**."

and this is also important I guess
    "The average level of outpost spawned or re-spawned by a follow-up is a function of the average level of player bases within the tunnel. What this means is that as the average player base level increases around a tunnel, the probability increases for higher level outposts."
  • That "documentation" is outdated. Please use above thread linked for current information.
  • actually @Soixie and @gamerdruid what we see on wrath 27 in practice is slightly different than what is explained. We see OL of 46+ triggering a TE 47 to spawn OP above 47, some of them are said to be even 50 (didn't notice it myself, maybe someone confused it with a camp).

Not that I'm complaining ;)
  • @Soixie, that is very good information. Could you create a post under the Mechanics thread I started of the +- differences based on old world, new world, and the new patch updates so I can update the original post?

It seems the mechanics have changed or the new updates are buggy and not following what the spawning protocol should be.

Right now, I have:
    Old world: -2 / +5
    Existing world: -2 / +2
    New world (New patch): -2 / +2 up to level 50? Issues spawning level 60+ tunnels.

I'll also ask the devs if the average player base level is no longer needed, or only applicable to certain worlds.