Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Support Structures - Skystrike, Ion Canon, Falcon

Fandom Reads:
It (Skystrike) automatically supports all alerted friendly bases within range (8 fields) with an artillery barrage in their defense area against incoming attacks.

Additionally, the artillery support can be manually calibrated on one player base (default: own base) within 8 fields to defend that base without being alerted. Artillery support requires weapon calibration which requires 30 seconds plus an additional 40 seconds per field. Only one support building of this type in can be constructed per base.

My questions are;

1. The way I read it is that if I don't set support on anybody it defaults to me AND protects all my friends within 8 fields. Why would I set support on anybody else?

2. Every time I do set support on somebody else and get attacked I don't see Skystrike work on my base anymore, leaving me unprotected. Is that correct?
  • Hello Commander!

Indeed, your Support Weapons can support your own and allied bases if no active target is given (It is set to the home base of the weapon.) However, Calibration duration times still apply. That means if a friendly base is alerted by an attack, your support weapon first has to calibrate for supporting that base. Once that is done, fire support is given on any following attack waves, until the base alert/lockdown state is lifted again. Then the support weapon will recalibrate to its home base again.
    Btw. If Your Support Weapon is calibrating for a new support target, it can still support its current supported base until the calibration process is finished.

If an active Support target is calibrated, the support weapon will always support this one target until another base is specified, but can fire immediately.

The time depends on the distance and type of Support weapon, but every field of distance adds 40s. (fields diagonally add some odd seconds to that)

I hope that clears up your questions. Setting the active Support for bases can be helpful to protect High Value targets that are the most likely to be attacked first, or often. Simply because your support can act sooner.
  • If I have 2 bases that set their support weapon on each other, then each time the forgotten attacks one of the 2 bases, I will have 2 support weapons active to defend that attacked base.

Can you confirm my "asssumation"

Thanks

JLeGuerrier
    chertosha
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "JLeGuerrier;c-2091082" wrote:
    If I have 2 bases that set their support weapon on each other, then each time the forgotten attacks one of the 2 bases, I will have 2 support weapons active to defend that attacked base.

No that is not correct.
    A base calibrating on itself takes 30 seconds: every time you move a base the default calibration on itself needs to be re-done again and you see a timer counting.

If you have two bases calibrated on each other, and one base gets attacked by forgotten, only the pre-calibration from the other base will work on the first attack. The calibration on itself will kick in 30 seconds later, that is starting from the second attack, in case you are in 2 waves or more. So I would think for forgotten attacks in 1 wave pre-calibration won't give you much benefit. But it would help a lot if everybody calibrates on 2+-wave bases manually.

On the other hand, think of pvp. It takes around 3 attacks worth of time for most support weapons in range to get calibrated. That means if you were to just leave by default each base calibrated on itself, then you get 1 support weapon for the first 2-3 attacks, and then on the 4th wave of attacks all the others start kicking in. However, if you calibrate every base to some other base, then still on the 1st attack every base has only one support weapon at work, but on the 2nd and 3rd attacks calibration on itself will already work, so you get an extra support weapon working on those attacks. That is why it is always slightly better to pre-calibrate each support weapon manually on the the furthest/weakest base in range. So I suggest to just make it a good habit to always calibrate manually from each base.

• Scenario of attacking a grid formation of multiple bases where heavy support comes in starting 4th attack (which you would avoid).

Would the suggested strategy of attacking be something like this :
    - lets assume you attack weakest base at N (north ) of formation - let's call this N1 base
    - attack N1 3 times
    - assume N1 is still alive
    - then attack a base on South (S1) 3 times - distanced so calibration takes time.

If I come back to N1 after S1 attacks, all calibration from close by bases (that would have been active at the 4th round) are still still active, is that correct ?

Base alerted state ends up w/ defense being 100% repaired. So unless you made it to the buildings with your 3 attacks , you have gained nothing, can you confirm this pls ?

In an example like this, where you could not kill OR get to the buildings with 3 attacks, is there a smarter strategy to get the kill of N1 ?

Let's say that you attack S1 and S2 both at south ... w/ some time difference, say 10 seconds apart (S1 first , and then S2). I assume all nearby bases start calibration on S1. What happens for S2 ? Let's say that you never attacked S2 again, would the nearby bases start calibrating to S2 after S1 calibration is finished ?

More extreme case : let's assume that 10 attack bases start attacking 10 bases at the formation, with 1 second apart. Attacked bases are: S1, S2, ...., S10. Since S1 was attacked first, all bases start calibrating to S1. The attacks taken place during time it takes to calibrate to S1 is an advantage for all other attacked bases ? As S10 is attacked last, calibration to that will have to wait all prior 9 bases to be completed ? So in this case, there is some chance, you would be able to attack more than 3 and kill S10. Is that correct and is that the optimal attack strategy ?

thanks.

About Tiberium Alliances Tips & Guides

Share gameplay guides, how-to's and tips about Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances with other players.116 PostsLatest Activity: 19 days ago