Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Unit statistics

I was curious today while playing this game in Firestorm 16. I wanted to compare GDI and Nod stat wise and see who's better... I got the idea after looking at the top alliances and was shocked at the ranking. This is what I found out:

Militants are better than its counterpart, stat wise. Riflemen are slightly more cheaper, however. The same thing can be said for the GDI Commando, but the Nod one has more anti-infantry damage...

GDI Missile Squad, Zone Troopers and Snipers win by a landslide against their Nod counterparts. They're better stat wise per AP and are cheaper to train. Nod missile squads are weak as it takes 3 of them to keep up with 2 of the other (GDI Missile Squad, Pit-bull or Attack Bikes) early game anti-structure units.

Guardians and Predators win against their Nod counterparts, with Guardians being a landslide type of win. Predators run into a tie with Scorpions when it comes to their stats. Scorpions are also a little more pricey and frail compared to its GDI counterpart.

I also found out that Nod wins on the remaining categories except the Orca/Venom part... I will post part 2 soon as a reply to this topic.
  • I've seen all the different upgrades being used to great effect. I would say their usefulness is dependant on the style of play of the player rather than the upgrades themselves. It is probably true that PvE players use different upgrades in a different way to those that enjoy and live for PvP.
  • Upgrades are more likely to happen than a faction, unless its a sub-faction...

Which upgrades do you think are the most useless? Can you give a list of the worst 3 for each faction? This would paint the other units in a better light if their upgrades are better than their counterparts.

I personally haven't tried using upgrades in a long while, as normally I don't get a 3rd base going before quitting a world.
  • Yes, there are a number of these anomalies where logic would suggest it is not possible or feasible in the real world, yet it happens in the CnC:TA world.

I don't think the mechanics of the battles of any of the existing units, either GDI, NOD or Forgotten will change at this stage in the game. The best we can hope for, probably forlornly, is for new upgrades or a new faction.
  • Yep, an Avatar even moves faster than a Mammoth. The only way for a defending vehicle to have a chance at winning is that there's a wall between it and the Avatar.

I don't even know how 2 range units can shoot behind walls and hit their targets. Logic shows that a Reckoner should be safe behind a wall when it faces a Scooper on the next tile... but it isn't.

There are some quirks with certain units like defending Reckoners having anti-structure damage and Guardians being affected by barb wires.
  • I was told the NOD Avatar is more powerful than the GDI Mammoth Tank counterpart. The special effects have been improved drastically (when Avatars move over water) —it adds a nice touch !
  • Regardless on anyone being interested, here's the 2nd part:

When I compare units I take all 4 stats (but not their range) into account and decide on who wins by being bulkier and stronger. Units that have different AP's are given a modifier of 1.5 or 2 to the weaker one. I then give a point or two to the winner, the extra one is if the winner is cheaper to train.

Attack Bikes and Avatars win by a landslide against their GDI counterparts. Specters win against Juggernauts by the same rule. Cobras are way better than Paladins, especially with the upgrades. Orcas also win by the same reason as Cobras did, though its upgrade might be more or less useless.

The last 2 are Vertigo and Salamander. Salamander is stronger than Kodiak but is slightly more expensive. Vertigoes and Firehawks can only compete by their damage to structures... Vertigoes do a lot of damage (reason why they won) but it attacks the structure underneath it...

GDI won 7 times and so did Nod. When it comes to double wins, GDI overtakes Nod by 2 points compared to Nod's 10 points. They say Nod is stronger, but I see a paradox: on Firestorm 16 There are more GDI alliances than Nod Alliances on the top 10 category. The ratio skewers as you increase the sample size of top category.

I think it might have to do on the upgrades and that GDI has some worse upgrades compared to Nod. Maybe Nod relies on GDI a lot to be successful. Speaking of upgrades, I want your opinions on the top 5 most useless upgrades for both GDI and Nod. Can anyone voice their opinions?