Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Built out town

I have all the land and I've utilized all of it. No revenue generating regions. No hidden multipliers. Four short of the decoration limit, which means four short of being tapped out. I have a lot of "districts" that could use some more decorations. To me this is very sad. Wish we could add more until the game becomes unstable on our own device.
Town established July 2, 2014 at a total cost of $25 US and a gazillion hours of tapping.
https://i.imgur.com/KUxqvRi.jpg
    lucienleon519
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Very different style from mine, much neater and planned (mine is a bit more 'organic'). There's a clear logic to it which I like. It wreaks of care and attention to detail, nice work.
  • "lucienleon519;c-2076756" wrote:
    Very different style from mine, much neater and planned (mine is a bit more 'organic'). There's a clear logic to it which I like. It wreaks of care and attention to detail, nice work.

Let’s see your town. I would like to see other built out towns.
    On a side note I removed about 400 street trees so that I could work on some areas.
  • There is not much activity on this forum so I'm going to take some bandwidth and describe some of my design rules and guidelines.
    A little back ground first. After about a year of playing I started a complete redesign. I did not nuke. I should have nuked. Everything was moved at least twice.
    I started the redesign with the Simpson house, that I placed in, what at the time was, the geographic center of Springfield. Then I built the residential area around it. This residential area was moved as a whole twice. These were different moves then the ones described in the previous paragraph. Once to the North (away from the beach) with the last SPH expansion. The other was to the East and I can't remember why. Both of these moves were done without the aid of the selection tool. Both were very painful.
    I wanted a North/South road to go from Squidport to the end of the map. I also wanted an East/West road to go from SPH tunnel to the end of the map. Also the intersection of these two roads is at the Northwest corner of the main residential area. Note that the East/West road has the buildings in the same order as the main splash screen. The North/South road has Springfield elementary on it. A very dangerous road crossing. The Simpson house is the one with the “$”.
    https://i.imgur.com/7QDTRiO.png

The monorail had its own set of rules. The tracks are never to go in the middle of a road. Tracks cross roads sidewalk to sidewalk, if at all possible. There are two cases in SPH where they go from grass to sidewalk. The only two exceptions. Avoid “S” curves at all costs. I don't like the way they look.
    In all design work I try to keep to the far side sidewalk from being obscured as little as possible. This is where you see the characters.
  • "Razor049;d-245688" wrote:
    I have all the land and I've utilized all of it. No revenue generating regions. No hidden multipliers. Four short of the decoration limit, which means four short of being tapped out. I have a lot of "districts" that could use some more decorations. To me this is very sad. Wish we could add more until the game becomes unstable on our own device.
    Town established July 2, 2014 at a total cost of $25 US and a gazillion hours of tapping.
    https://i.imgur.com/KUxqvRi.jpg

Aaahhhh SFH looks so cute there, so tiny, with sad eyes.
    SF looks good.