Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Running track and gym! Advice?

Looks great. Nice job.
  • This is great. If I had the room, I would try to implement something like this in the back of my high school.
  • Very nice

A bench or 2 and maybe a watebasket for recycling would be good additions too. You could use small shrubs to make some makings in the field to greate a centre line or something, but not necessary :)
  • Thank you guys so much for the feedback!!! I ended up building the goal out of chain fences (inspired by an awesome design from Mofomonkey1). CookieKwan1-- I LOVED the suggestion of using barriers to make hurdles on the track- what a great idea! I played around with them but unfortunately since they're the same size as my track (2x), they spread the whole width of the track area and didn't look right. I loved the idea so much though that I think I'm going to see if it's possible to reconfigure and widen the track area without having to make the whole area much bigger. Will post if successful!

Thank you Yukongirl123 and simbass7 for the benches idea! I'd originally tried the regular benches (with backs) and didn't like that I couldn't get them facing the same want on both sides (grrr... no 360 degree rotation....) but then I remembered these boardwalk babies!

This is definitely one of my favorite parts of my town! Thanks!