Forum Discussion

8 years ago

25 washers/dryers, 5 Hiero Walls, 10 rock Piles, 10 wooden barrels, 10 castle walls

The new excavation site rewards really suck.. any ideas what to do with this stuff? Is it even worth digging anymore?
  • I was a little unhappy about suddenly getting such a deluge of washers and dryers. My town previously had one of each which I had carefully placed around Cletus' farm as one of my very first efforts at landscaping an area.
    I know that I can sell them, and now that I've been playing for a few years I could have bought dozens, (or actually, hundreds) of them if I wanted to, but each time I get one now from the excavation there is a tiny pang that they're not as 'special' as they were when I first got them.
  • "mudkicker7672;c-1640761" wrote:
    Stored after i won a barbarian staue. Of course i come here and find its a unique item. So what is the point of this excavation site. Its more junk to have cluttering up my town.

Yeah, I "won" a Barbarian Statue today - which like the Sir-Love-a-Lots I "won" in the other game - is useless because it's unique.

EA needs to fix this glitch and give us donuts if we "win" unique prizes we already have...
  • I got the barbarian statue and the pirate booty during the event.. I don't mind walls that much, they're not needed though. Donut/cash rewards like the Play Doh factory and the Scratch Card would be far better though.
  • Getting quite a collection.
    Barrels put with pirate section and washer/dryers excluded promptly sold.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4309/35543496090_5fac23c049_c.jpg
  • I had actually hoped there was a possibility to get something special from the Excavation Site. Like we are able to from The Eliminator, Rocket Launc Pad and similar but it seems the Excavation Site only gives useless junk... I have yet to find anything I can actually benefit from.
  • "marhollau;c-1642458" wrote:
    I had actually hoped there was a possibility to get something special from the Excavation Site. Like we are able to from The Eliminator, Rocket Launc Pad and similar but it seems the Excavation Site only gives useless junk... I have yet to find anything I can actually benefit from.

Yup ever since the event finished I havent gotten anything useful
  • The only useful prize appears to be the Homer Barbarian statue, but it's unique and isn't awarded if the player already has it. I'm still saving up castle walls and towers in the unlikely event that we're ever allowed to use them in Krustyland. I'll probably get bored of it soon and use the dig grid to make a message or pattern to display.
  • My results are about same. I did get a pile of gold once! :smiley: 1,000 shovels for one gold pile... not good though.
  • I guess some might say the past event items are potentially useful since this is currently the only way to get them and some players might want more or missed the events, e.g. castle pieces, rocks and piles of gold.