frosted1414
Seasoned Newcomer
5 years ago

348/350 D'oh

EA, why you do this?
https://i.imgur.com/FqNDe6m.png
  • "stinkbugger;c-2120129" wrote:
    "nerd_alert2016;c-2120034" wrote:
    Lol, I know, right? Are your characters going to Retro Lard Lad by default? If so, store it and they will go to normal Lard Lad by default. I saw this was going to happen, so I stored RLL, sent everyone but one premium to LL, then placed RLL, sent one premium to it. I'll end up with 340. I will repeat, send 2 freemium characters to LL, then the rest to RLL.

What is the advantage to this? The payout is different depending on where they go to?

The advantage is that you can just send what you need to complete the task to one building, and the rest to the other. Collect the wheel cakes from the first, then that task is cleared. Then the characters in the second location will pay towards the next task. It gets you a little closer, and fewer wheel cakes are wasted/lost.

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/255157/tip-for-act-4
  • Lol, I know, right? Are your characters going to Retro Lard Lad by default? If so, store it and they will go to normal Lard Lad by default. I saw this was going to happen, so I stored RLL, sent everyone but one premium to LL, then placed RLL, sent one premium to it. I'll end up with 340. I will repeat, send 2 freemium characters to LL, then the rest to RLL.
  • Never mind me. I'm dumb. I didn't test out my theory enough. They will all go to Lard Lad by default.
  • "nerd_alert2016;c-2120034" wrote:
    Lol, I know, right? Are your characters going to Retro Lard Lad by default? If so, store it and they will go to normal Lard Lad by default. I saw this was going to happen, so I stored RLL, sent everyone but one premium to LL, then placed RLL, sent one premium to it. I'll end up with 340. I will repeat, send 2 freemium characters to LL, then the rest to RLL.

What is the advantage to this? The payout is different depending on where they go to?
  • Not an issue if you have multiple Lard Lads.

Mine are all spread out, characters seem to pick the closest.
  • Thank you @frosted1414 for the post, it gave me a heads up as I don't want to waste any EC.

I liked the Canadian Border because of the waterfall and trees and I realised I can hide the sign, plus, Mabel collects Wheel Cakes which is great, but I didn't buy it for that.

I was at 80 / 375 into Part 3.
    It would have taken 11 characters, 5 lots of tasking, collecting 55 EC each time and leaving another 20 EC left to collect.

But Mabel collects 8 at a time, so all characters will now collect 63 EC.
    After some mathematics on a Post-it, I got: 80+(4×63)+43=375.
    Mabel is on all 5 tasks, the last one has only 7 other characters with her.

So I'm going to have some maths to do for the rest of this event, especially as Mabel will collect EC from the other 3 Act's as well, and I haven't finished any of them.

There is a way round it, but I can see your frustration, you cannot just send them off like normal, bit of a problem if you're in a hurry for something else... like... work.