Forum Discussion

11 years ago

3D In Your Town?

They are easy to figure out, take a look at the Springfield Showcase section and look at other people's towns... Zoom in close and you can see what people did.
  • I thought about it but found it used way too much space for what I felt was a relatively low visual benefit. Plus I found it difficult to really make the 3D areas fit in with the rest of the town.
  • I had a parking structure I have in storage atm but once I get more land ill be putting it back up.

Also I have to give props to one of the best uses for sir putt-a-lots

Created by sandwedgeking
  • How about a "used to but now there isn't enough land" option? I mean technically I still could it just exasperates the crowding issue
  • I've done one thing in 3D, putting my Channel 6 building onto a 'hill' and it looks pretty good. :) I might do some more in the future, as I plan to do a big redesign in the somewhat near future.

Tischoo, that's pretty cool and one of the most unique I've seen!
  • I almost always think it looks nice, but it's rather daunting to think about doing it in my own town. I never left space for that sort of thing while I was building my town, and a full redesign... Not something I wish to take on at this point. :shock:
  • I recently finished a complete redesign of my SF and wanted to try 3D because of some of the examples I've seen. Did the Buddhist Temple and Bad Dream House. Nothing mind blowing but I'm happy with my first attempts.
  • In all honesty, I probably overuse it. But here's something I'm particularly proud of. At the bottom of the pit are the melted Simpson snowmen. Sorry for the crappy resolution.

ETA: they really need to offer us half blocks.

http://i.imgur.com/6uzXLhS.png
  • I am going to try some 3d art in my feeder towns when I have the time to do it. That is one of the reasons that i got them. But my main town comes first and it is coming along slow. But when I have the time I am going to try out the many 3d art work that I have been looking at, with my other towns.