Forum Discussion

9 years ago

9 gifts vs 10 gifts?

Is there one hidden somewhere?

I was bummed by lack of gifts when I found a ton behind efcot
  • marcjas458 wrote:
    Is there one hidden somewhere?

I was bummed by lack of gifts when I found a ton behind efcot

There is no hidden gift as far as I am aware, I always stash them in the same place (easiest to find), but I'll ask my friend and see if he can move around his buildings a bit - just in case.
  • well this is an interesting thread, when they upped the gifts to 10, I've never been able to drop more than 9, I thought, it's been 8 lately. Should we be able to drop 10 at once? I may have (sighs) hidden gifts.
  • My friend dug through his village and found nothing..
    Quite weird to say the least..
  • He has an unclaimed present in his town somewhere.

johncolombo wrote:
    well this is an interesting thread, when they upped the gifts to 10, I've never been able to drop more than 9, I thought, it's been 8 lately. Should we be able to drop 10 at once? I may have (sighs) hidden gifts.

Yes, you can drop 10 at one visit, as long as the friend's town is completely clear.
  • ephphoneapps wrote:
    He has an unclaimed present in his town somewhere.

johncolombo wrote:
    well this is an interesting thread, when they upped the gifts to 10, I've never been able to drop more than 9, I thought, it's been 8 lately. Should we be able to drop 10 at once? I may have (sighs) hidden gifts.

Yes, you can drop 10 at one visit, as long as the friend's town is completely clear.

Then I've had one hidden forever. Now 2. In the first act could you drop 5?, I could never drop more than 4.
  • johncolombo wrote:
    ephphoneapps wrote:

johncolombo wrote:

Then I've had one hidden forever. Now 2. In the first act could you drop 5?, I could never drop more than 4.

Whatever you can drop is dependent on whether or not your neighbor has presents hidden, not you yourself. If you can only drop 8 in a neighbor's town, that means they have 2 that are unclaimed, not you.

Unless I'm reading your issue wrong, in which case, my bad. But yes, if a town is free and clear of dropped presents, then you can drop your entire group of 10 (or 5 previously).
  • ephphoneapps wrote:
    johncolombo wrote:
    ephphoneapps wrote:

johncolombo wrote:

Whatever you can drop is dependent on whether or not your neighbor has presents hidden, not you yourself. If you can only drop 8 in a neighbor's town, that means they have 2 that are unclaimed, not you.

Unless I'm reading your issue wrong, in which case, my bad. But yes, if a town is free and clear of dropped presents, then you can drop your entire group of 10 (or 5 previously).

Then I have one really really really really well hidden present since act one day one. I drop from my feeders into my town, that's how i know. I have never been able to drop 5 to myself or anyone else. And I can only drop 8 now to me.

EDIT: now that we can drop 10, I can drop as many as I like but never have dropped more than 5 in one neighbor's town. by choice.
  • johncolombo wrote:
    Then I have one really really really really well hidden present since act one day one. I drop from my feeders into my town, that's how i know. I have never been able to drop 5 to myself or anyone else. And I can only drop 8 now to me.

EDIT: now that we can drop 10, I can drop as many as I like but never have dropped more than 5 in one neighbor's town. by choice.

Ah, I see. This is also how I know you can drop 10 at a time. From my feeder to my main.
  • I find going into edit mode and turnin the buildings transparent, makes finding presents easier.