Forum Discussion

11 years ago

A must have! Zebra crossings!

More decorations that go on the street would be great. There's only the barrier at the moment that can. Cars going on the road are an obvious omission. There was supposed to be a manhole lid in the files at some point, too.

http://static.gigwise.com/gallery/9516151_TheSimpsons-Abbey.jpg
  • neuroheart wrote:
    Airion wrote:

I understand almost all American colloquialisms I come across due to being half American, having all-American brothers and sisters and generally spending a good chunk of my life there.

And with all this, you never heard or saw "pedestrian crossing" (ped xing) or "crosswalk."

Airion wrote:
    But if I don't understand or know something I come across, yes, I Google it. It's common sense.

Yet you couldn't google "American word for zebra crossing." :roll: That's pretty funny.

Where did I say I hadn't heard of a crosswalk? Quote my post please.
  • HCoinslot wrote:
    Airion wrote:

I understand almost all American colloquialisms I come across due to being half American, having all-American brothers and sisters and generally spending a good chunk of my life there. Not to mention all the American TV shows shown in the UK. But if I don't understand or know something I come across, yes, I Google it. It's common sense.

Common sense also dictates that many of the statements you freaked out about were jokes. Common sense also suggests you were not using any common sense when posting in this thread. In other words...

http://honesttogoodness.squarespace.com/storage/post-images/dont-have-a-cow.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1371086760133

I didn't see jokes, I saw people making lame comments about zebras which looked like the poster was genuinely confused. I don't rate anybody here with that level of sarcasm or satire so assumed the obvious.
  • madfish86 wrote:
    How about if they just gave us a white line object one square wide? The barrier object already in game can be placed on roads, boardwalk sections, grass and cement so they can already do it. With a white line we can make our own crosswalks, lane markers, loading zones, football fields, etc.

Idea of the thread, right here. :thumbup:
  • madfish86 wrote:
    How about if they just gave us a white line object one square wide? The barrier object already in game can be placed on roads, boardwalk sections, grass and cement so they can already do it. With a white line we can make our own crosswalks, lane markers, loading zones, football fields, etc.

Good idea! It appears this thread has turned into one about what a zebra crossing is and what people call it in their country. ;-)
  • madfish86 wrote:

:thumbup:

...or even just a white 1 pixel square... putting any number of these together could produce many number of things/shapes/patterns and get the 'creative juices' flowing. Plus it wouldn't be as restrictive as a single line although it may get annoying if you're wanting to just create a single long line lol 8)