Forum Discussion

5 years ago

A New Glass Recycling Character

One of the newer characters in the game can also recycle glass. Not that he was needed - there are usually plenty of glass folks available. Just an FYI for those into recycling. Happy New Year, Tappers!

Addendum: Well, troops, this may have been a glitch of some kind. When I clicked on this new character to put him on glass recycling for the first time, he flat disappeared! Gone, no trace, no listing in the Town Hall, no nothing. This is after I had sent him on a couple of other 4 hour jobs earlier in the day. So........no explanation. I believe his name was General Swattin'. He had a Viking helmet with horns. Maybe he went to Valhalla.
  • @surefirein93
    General Splattin' is a limited-time outfit for Bart that was released on July 3, 2019, as part of Act 4 of the Game of Games 2019 Event. He was the fourth prize to be won in the event's Act 4.

https://static.simpsonswiki.com/images/thumb/e/e9/General_Splattin%27_Unlock.png/800px-General_Splattin%27_Unlock.png
  • "KLmaker;c-2109018" wrote:
    Bart recycles glass anyway, though mine hasn't for a while now as he's been on event for the last 3 weeks.
    Quimby and Willie have been slogging it out all by themselves, 20 glass at a time to turn in to get a stack of blueprints, one needs 20 and the other needs 50, then build it back up and get the other one.
    It's a grind man.

If it ever comes back be sure to save your donuts to buy the Lil Lisa Slurry Factory and you will grind no more (it generates blueprints every 4 hours)
  • "surefirein93;d-253560" wrote:
    One of the newer characters in the game can also recycle glass. Not that he was needed - there are usually plenty of glass folks available. Just an FYI for those into recycling. Happy New Year, Tappers!

Just for my information which character is it as my recycling centre is completely broken by the wonderful super glitch so can't check.
  • Bart recycles glass anyway, though mine hasn't for a while now as he's been on event for the last 3 weeks.
    Quimby and Willie have been slogging it out all by themselves, 20 glass at a time to turn in to get a stack of blueprints, one needs 20 and the other needs 50, then build it back up and get the other one.
    It's a grind man.
  • "Surfcitygal;c-2109191" wrote:
    "KLmaker;c-2109018" wrote:
    Bart recycles glass anyway, though mine hasn't for a while now as he's been on event for the last 3 weeks.
    It's a grind man.

If it ever comes back be sure to save your donuts to buy the Lil Lisa Slurry Factory and you will grind no more (it generates blueprints every 4 hours)

Already have it, managed to get it for 30 donuts from YMB without getting something I didn't want in front of it.
    But it is support, not instead of it, it just does not collect enough to replace grinding, it collects 450 every 4 hours, if you collect 4 times in a day that's 1800 blueprints.

But if you can grind it 4 times a day, you could get through enough to complete 1 or even 2 sections in a day, that's 5,000 for each section, and 25,000 for all five sections 16 bits of track and 5 donuts.
    5,000 or 10,000 per day blueprints permitting of course. Sometimes all 3 packages, such as Nuts And Bolts or A Large Doohickey might all require glass and I have slim or no chance of getting that much glass or they all want metal or all plastic.

But sometimes the packages of blueprints are easy. Previously I have refilled and emptied the dump twice and a bit, somewhere between 4,000 & 5,000 went through the dump in total that wasn't recycled, it just went straight to blueprints and tore through a section.

If you collected from LLRP every 4 hours, 6 times in a day, you could collect 2,700 blueprints a day, 18,900 in a week, and not get 5 donuts in a week.
    Or grind it and get 5 donuts a week, sometimes I have gotten 10 in a week, but it is dependent on when I can get access which is not guaranteed, how the blueprints come out, how much materials I can get and what other jobs the characters have to do. It is not just event jobs but DC's, sure I can send Comic Book Guy or Burns on a 4hr or 8hr job, (cannot remember what jobs they are now so numbers may be wrong so don't quote me on that), and get a donut or donuts for it, which is great, but they're still not grinding and producing materials whichever way you look at it.

Just remembered, Krusty can be sent on a 4hr job Collect Franchise Tithe or whatever it is, for a donut, instead of 4 1hr tasks recycling metal.
    I think there's a 300 odd blueprints for 35 metal, I generally aim to complete 25,000 by going over by a maximum of 400 blueprints, but most of the time it's 200 or less, so a small number can make a difference and get 5 donuts.
    Unlike when I didn't check the total and I used a Large Doohickey about 2,000 blueprints to complete the track, I think I was less than 1,000 away, I don't like to think about it.

Been recycling last night, had 20,503 blueprints, the 3 packages were 552; 1,137; 2,000+ all wanting glass and I did not have enough.
    Managed to turn in the 2,000+ and 450 from LLRP, couldn't do anymore. This morning had some more glass to turn in 1,137 + 450 from LLRP which gave me 25,018 in total, which is pretty good.
    If I waited another 3 hours I would have used the 552 and gone over, so the LLRP does make a difference.
    Worth getting if you can, but bear in mind how much it will cost and how long it will take to recoup its worth in donuts.
  • It's easy to recoup the LLRP's cost since you buy it as cheap as 30 donuts minimum from the Yearbook.
  • I honestly cannot remember when I got it and if I have recouped the donuts or not.
    I have also lost count of the number of times I was near the total and hadn't realised then bought a large bundle that was worth hundreds or thousands of blueprints.

Or, and I know I have definitely done this many times.
    Getting near the total, collected from LLRP, realised how close I was but not close enough, then realised there was a bundle, (the smallest of the 3), that was more than 450 and would have totaled more than 25,000, and I just wasted the LLRP for the last 4 hours.

So it is with bitter experience I offer such advice, not just purchasing it but managing it as well.
    I genuinely have no idea how many blueprints have been lost and with it the donuts.