Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Is there a recycling bin?

I was wondering if there was a recycling bin? If there is I sure cant find one. I'm only asking cause when I was creating a sim one of the personality or whatever options mentioned recycling. So I was just wondering how that works?
  • Such an odd choice for an Eco Lifestyle pack to not even give us a nice green labelled tub or something similar as a decorative item at least. Nothing says Eco like a recycling bin. Except maybe Al Gore...
    dianed485
    Seasoned Traveler
    I still don’t get why there isn’t one. That would have been nice. And more realistic than having a recycling machine...

Be careful, sims with the recycling trait need to recycle often. If you don’t have them recycle for a while, they’ll autonomously take their own stuff and recycle it, which is very annoying. Like my sim recycled her own computer.....

• @joRN1414 the losts with the dumpsters must have the reuse and recycle lot trait for the other options to show up. Another simmer informed me of this in a post I wrote.
  • Wait I thought this was an obvious choice for a pack like this? The way TS3 did it 10 years ago?? One bin for rubbish and one for recyclables?? Glad I haven't bought the pack yet it keeps disappointing me.
    Kita5399
    New Spectator
    No there isnt, the recycling trait makes your Sim want to put items into the recycling machine thing. It’s in the outdoor activities section in buy mode I think.
  • Not a specific bin. If there is a garbage bin on the home lot there should be an option to 'sort recyclables'/ 'sort compostables'. When I first dl'd EL I saw it on the big dumpster in Port Promise once or twice, but then it switched to the 'dive' stuff and I haven't seen it since. I placed a few dumpsters on a community lot and all I get are the 'dive' options too.