Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Abe Lincoln time warp

Does not bother me as the show is fictitious and make believe with that said they can add anything that makes sense and i say as long as it was in the show they should be able to add it. After all there is a giant alien running around Springfield.
  • toddpygensky wrote:
    It just seems like such an odd choice to me to offer Abe Lincoln as a playable character in the game, I mean if they offer Abe, why not Jebediah Springfield, George Washington, Lil' Neddie or even Teen Maggie and Adult Bart and Lisa? It just doesnt fit, at least not to me.

Patience, it's early yet. :D

The only thing that bothers me about it is it's just another character to put to work. We have what, 55 possible now? A year from now it's conceivable there could be 75 to as many as 100 characters to control. If they haven't added some method of commanding multiple characters, I think I'd be done.
  • Sahl908 wrote:
    I quite lack the fact they added Abe. He has decent tasks and as you said, it shows that no character is off limits :).

He has appeared in the show a number of times too.

Episode – "Radio Bart" (mentioned)
      Episode – "Selma's Choice" (as a robot)
      Episode – "I Love Lisa" (played by Milhouse)
      Episode – "The Boy Who Knew Too Much"
      Episode – "Summer of 4 Ft. 2" (mentioned)
      Episode – "Today, I Am a Clown"
      Episode – "All About Lisa" (kissing Lincoln Coin)
      THOH – "Treehouse of Horror XIX"
      Episode – "The Color Yellow"

Credit: wiki simpsons

Not trying to be overly argumentative, but a mention is not an appearance and I would consider animatronic Abe and Millhouse dressed as Abe to be completely different. I may be wrong, but I don't think Abraham Lincoln appeared in any episode that took place in the present day Springfield. Correct me if I am mistaken.
  • Pretend he's a mascot dressed up as Abe and put the cabin near SP so he can mingle with the other entertainers. Or make a theme park addition based around him as a "historical attraction".

There are lots of ways to work him into your town believably if that worries you.

That said... if you're a completionist, you also have a space alien and talking toys wandering around your skyscraper made of popsicle sticks. Suspending reality shouldn't be that big an issue in the Sinpsons universe. ;)
  • shaygitz wrote:
    toddpygensky wrote:
    It just seems like such an odd choice to me to offer Abe Lincoln as a playable character in the game, I mean if they offer Abe, why not Jebediah Springfield, George Washington, Lil' Neddie or even Teen Maggie and Adult Bart and Lisa? It just doesnt fit, at least not to me.

Patience, it's early yet. :D

The only thing that bothers me about it is it's just another character to put to work. We have what, 55 possible now? A year from now it's conceivable there could be 75 to as many as 100 characters to control. If they haven't added some method of commanding multiple characters, I think I'd be done.

This.
  • kanderson123 wrote:
    We will no doubt be around 75-100 by January 2014

I don't mind, I've gotten to the point now that if I miss someone that's ok, the more characters the more jobs the more money. What I like is that with a surplus of people for tasks special events are endless and EA can focus on an event involving a few people here and a few people there,

Example: in the game files for Wolfcastle there seems to be a lot for Kent Brockman to do, and I am guessing during Krustyland the obvious focus is on Krusty.

So as long as you are ok with not assigning everyone to a task all the time, you will be ok.

It seems with the inclusion of Rex Banner that dead Simpsons characters are welcome?
    Even though there is some debate to whether or not Rex actually did die from being catipulted.
    I will say I still would not be happy if they brought back many of the dead folks.

He is not dead as he was in the Simpsons Movie in the crowd scene at the end.........

Frank Grimes............ :)
  • I don't get why people are acting this way over a character being added to the game. Last time I checked, this is a game. Is it not? What's the big deal if we get historical characters like Abe Lincoln or dead characters like Bleeding Gums Murphy.

The important thing is we're getting newly added content very consistently. That's the important thing. As long as the character has shown up in the series, then why not. It's not like they're adding Peter Grifith, Chewbacca, Green Lantern or Cartman from South Park.

Also remember its a game for a fictional animated family. It's not like we're playing a game based on real life events.
  • Deadshot_DCU wrote:
    It's not like they're adding Peter Grifith, Chewbacca, Green Lantern or Cartman from South Park.

Lol at Cartman's tasks.....
  • http://thebacklot.mtvnimages.com/uploads/simpsonshalloweenabegeorge.jpg?quality=0.7
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's another instance of Abe from "The Color Yellow"
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100509201149/simpsons/images/a/a4/Abraham_Lincoln.png

And as a bonus, Robot Lincoln rapping at the Beer Hall of Presidents in Duff Gardens:

• Snakeyees wrote:
    Does not bother me as the show is fictitious and make believe with that said they can add anything that makes sense and i say as long as it was in the show they should be able to add it. After all there is a giant alien running around Springfield.

+1 to the "giant alien running around!"
    I think we lost all sense of reality when Homer blew up Springfield and no one died of radiation poisoning. Talk about a surprize update, certainly no one was expecting they'd bring Lincoln back to life. After the 4th, I'm moving Lincoln's cabin to my fort area. Then he becomes someone dressed up as Abe teaching the kids some history.