Forum Discussion

12 months ago

Any TSTO (or other) Issues with iOS 17?

I'm trying to decide whether to update my iPad 9 to iOS 17 (or just do the iOS 16 update) and I'm wondering whether anyone who's updated to 17 has had any issues with the game afterwards (or anything else, for that matter)?
  • Glad you've been lucky, @74hands - many on various iOS devices still can't get past the splash screen
  • I'm seeing a lot of posts where players can't get past the splashscreen at the mo.
    Most don't mention device or OS, but the consensus seems to be it's something screwy for iOS
    If you don't have to change or update right now perhaps wait a while ...
    ( My 3 games on 3 Android based devices have seen Bart no more than usual )
  • I’m still OS 16 and I haven’t been able to get the game to work since the update
  • I’m staying at 16.7 as I’ve heard of overheating issues with 17. My game was playing great on iPhone se; but iPad had spinning donut until i reinstalled. Now game is working ok on iPad
  • I haven't been able to play in two days. Stuck on splash screen with spinning donut. iOS 17.0.3 on iPhone 14 Pro. Tried force quit, reboot. Can't sign out so next step would be delete and reinstall.

Edit: there's an update…
  • Still can’t play. ??‍♀️ Sometimes I just can’t with these programmers ?
  • "brown_supahero;c-2234786" wrote:
    Town portrait asks for 9.71 GB of free space to do a portrait. I have 30Gb free

Free WHERE matters. The folder it uses to temporarily store the screenshots may be full. Try clearing your browser cache.