Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Big ticket items or a bunch of smaller ones?

I would go with buildings with characters that you are most fond of or just characters go you get $ and new tasks
  • Otto is a great building/character combo, and he's only like 110 donuts if I recall. Stay away from the volcano lair IMO, the mountain doesn't fit anywhere and hank isn't voiced. And it's pricey. Don't get moleman or SVT either, you can get them in mystery box. Jasper is hilarious, but the community centre adds nothing to your town.
  • amauthe8 wrote:
    Otto is a great building/character combo, and he's only like 110 donuts if I recall. Stay away from the volcano lair IMO, the mountain doesn't fit anywhere and hank isn't voiced. And it's pricey. Don't get moleman or SVT either, you can get them in mystery box. Jasper is hilarious, but the community centre adds nothing to your town.

Volcano Lair is really easy to fit in. Hank has awesome tasks (Flame thrower!?). His fun run is pretty neat too.

I don't know why people say you can get Moleman from a Mystery box. This is FALSE. You get him from a Buddha only. You can get a buddha from a mystery box at like a 1% chance. SVT is the ONLY character you can win from a mystery box. But as many will tell you, that's as likely as getting (insert rare prize) on the Christmas wheel. SVT is a worthwhile investment and has a few good tasks. As long as he's not in Krustyland, you will win 30 donuts in his place (which who knows this could be fixed).

Moleman and Frink can be won with a Buddha, but that's typically a bad investment of donuts.
  • GamerGD3 wrote:
    amauthe8 wrote:
    Otto is a great building/character combo, and he's only like 110 donuts if I recall. Stay away from the volcano lair IMO, the mountain doesn't fit anywhere and hank isn't voiced. And it's pricey. Don't get moleman or SVT either, you can get them in mystery box. Jasper is hilarious, but the community centre adds nothing to your town.

Volcano Lair is really easy to fit in. Hank has awesome tasks (Flame thrower!?). His fun run is pretty neat too.

I don't know why people say you can get Moleman from a Mystery box. This is FALSE. You get him from a Buddha only. You can get a buddha from a mystery box at like a 1% chance. SVT is the ONLY character you can win from a mystery box. But as many will tell you, that's as likely as getting (insert rare prize) on the Christmas wheel. SVT is a worthwhile investment and has a few good tasks. As long as he's not in Krustyland, you will win 30 donuts in his place (which who knows this could be fixed).

Moleman and Frink can be won with a Buddha, but that's typically a bad investment of donuts.

This I say rather than take your chances buy these 3 if you want them I would of bout moleman and SVT if I hadn't won them but if you buy them you'll have a chance of finding donuts in their place
  • drosax1 wrote:
    Here's how my purchase priorities go

Character/Building
    Character
    Building
    Decorations

So go with the character building combos

I'd switch the top 2 around. I say get more for your money. Get the standalone characters first (they are cheaper) then go for the ones with buildings.

But I will say if your favorite character is paired with a building - definitely start with those. If you are spending to spend, get the most you can get. Also you want to get what is most rewarding for you as well.

People often don't think about the 2 channel 6 tasks. If you use 4 hours - get the van. This payout is basically more than the 8 hour. If you use 12 hours - get the dish, it's a huge bonus over the 16 hour. If you do use 8 or 12s, look into the Hot Tub, adds a premium 10 hour task for Fat Tony (more than 8 and 12 hour).

It really depends on what schedule you have set, but I would start cheap, then starting with the top of the line.
  • UnseenWarrior19 wrote:
    OSave up ten more donuts and get duff brewery, Barney's Bowlerama, and Otto with the school bus.

*Save* sorry didn't mean to put an O in front
  • Look into multipliers only if you want to get to the aspiration items faster (if you don't have them yet).

Also, try not to get the characters with limited outdoor tasks. Miss Springfield was originally a Whacking Day prize and is offered at the ridiculous price of 225 donuts.She's not voiced and only has two outdoor tasks. This is very last on my to-buy list along with Lugash and Jimbo.