Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Black Friday = Best sale ever!

MaxxSpider wrote:
For people like myself that don't buy every premium item available as soon as they come out this is an amazing sale.
I had 420 donuts saved up before this sale. I can already see spending them all on the great deals.
I just got the rich Texan and have set a timer on my phone for Sherri and Terri.
After that I don't know what I will get but I think I can get Jimbo and then one character and building combo which I am leaning towards the cat lady or disco Stu. Probably Stu because I have the stonecutter outfit for him.

I think this is really stupid of EA. There are definitely some things I would have considered getting with my saved donuts, but I dont even know when this started, or what prizes I have already missed as I wasnt on when it did start. The only thing I think I may want is Manjula as she will have quests with Apu and the octuplets but I am not getting up at 3 in the morning for it....

People do need to work and sleep etc. Why would EA do something that will guarantee that people wont be spending.

Idiotic!
  • MaxxSpider wrote:
    Hugemember1 wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    For people like myself that don't buy every premium item available as soon as they come out this is an amazing sale.
    I had 420 donuts saved up before this sale. I can already see spending them all on the great deals.
    I just got the rich Texan and have set a timer on my phone for Sherri and Terri.
    After that I don't know what I will get but I think I can get Jimbo and then one character and building combo which I am leaning towards the cat lady or disco Stu. Probably Stu because I have the stonecutter outfit for him.

I think this is really stupid of EA. There are definitely some things I would have considered getting with my saved donuts, but I dont even know when this started, or what prizes I have already missed as I wasnt on when it did start. The only thing I think I may want is Manjula as she will have quests with Apu and the octuplets but I am not getting up at 3 in the morning for it....

People do need to work and sleep etc. Why would EA do something that will guarantee that people wont be spending.

Idiotic!

Well if you want a deal enough you would be willing to set a timer and wake up for 2 minutes and get your deal then go back to sleep.

Glad I'm not the only one setting the alarm clock every couple of hours! Lol
  • I'd buy a lot more (Rich Texan, volcano lair), but I don't have Barney and even with a discount, he's going to eat huge chunk out of my donuts, and I want to have some around for Christmas. I spent so many on Halloween that I just can't buy everything and will just cross my fingers there'll be a good Gil deal on something later on.
  • brookesaywhatx wrote:
    skylarkpilot wrote:
    Not such a great sale for folk like me that do buy and spend doughnuts on premium items as they come up. There is simply nothing new on offer.
    Yes, I appreciate that I get to sleep through the night whilst everyone else has to slide out of bed at 0300 to buy Lard Lad or whatever, but absolutely nothing new ?
    The only thing I didn't get in time was Krustys Mansion and I don't see that anywhere.
    Bah humbug !

+1. Kind of lame for players that already have the items, they could have at least brought back 1 old item. Oh well, I guess I'll save my donuts for Christmas. :)

+1
  • I did well out of this sale, and got six extra characters. That leaves only four premium characters for me to get, which aren't in the sale. I currently have 115 characters. I'm saving what doughnuts I have left for Xmas, but I have a feeling I'll be buying some more.
  • mdawny wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    Hugemember1 wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

Idiotic!

Well if you want a deal enough you would be willing to set a timer and wake up for 2 minutes and get your deal then go back to sleep.

Glad I'm not the only one setting the alarm clock every couple of hours! Lol

Nope- lots of alarms for this one
  • Thought about getting the rich Texan and the film set but I want some donuts left for Christmas. Plus I think I've missed out on the Texan now anyway. I hope there's new stuff at Christmas or I've wasted a good opportunity