Forum Discussion

rockyb2006
Seasoned Newcomer
9 years ago

Bonus donuts...go for the middle!

I got maggie bonuts this morning and the three were on the left. My co levelled up and those three bonuts were on the right. Coincidence and correlation are two VERY different things.
  • AAADave1961 wrote:
    The human mind always tries to find a pattern in randomness. Eventually, your 'system' will not work OR it really doesn't work and your brain is ignoring the times when it doesn't. A random 1 in 3 chance is pretty good so it's entirely likely that a 'system' would work for a while. The RNG will beat you eventually. :)

Computers can not be random but they try to simulate it. I too read the keep track of the box and go right. Seems to work more times than average
  • No one thinks it's mostly based on either time (waiting a certain amount of time) or the lights making a full square or whatever (which also takes time). Then it doesn't matter which one you pick, just that you waited exactly N seconds. No? (I'm really not that lucky, so I say humbug on all of these theories.)
  • datasurgeon wrote:
    AAADave1961 wrote:
    The human mind always tries to find a pattern in randomness. Eventually, your 'system' will not work OR it really doesn't work and your brain is ignoring the times when it doesn't. A random 1 in 3 chance is pretty good so it's entirely likely that a 'system' would work for a while. The RNG will beat you eventually. :)

Computers can not be random but they try to simulate it. I too read the keep track of the box and go right. Seems to work more times than average

Yes, but the sudo-random number that computers generate are close enough over time.

Start a spreadsheet and keep track of the number of donuts you get each time, without missing any or 'fudging' the numbers and after 1,000 times let us know what the results are.

"Seems to" isn't the same as "proven to". Just saying. :D
  • meinaz wrote:
    My boxes don't seem to have a pattern except that 3 donuts are going to be in the last box I select. :D

Yes, this, LOL