Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Burns Coffin gone?

yes it was stated here and on TSTO Facebook page that it would have been gone today
  • neuroheart wrote:
    It was a weekend deal. There was a thread warning that it would be gone: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10203191.page
    I'm guessing old items being offered this event are all going to be extremely limited time.

Got it.....thanks for the info. By chance do you know if the House of Evil will be available this year?
  • there's a small chance that all the offered premium items will come back in a small sale at the end of the event. you never know
  • Trek439 wrote:
    By chance do you know if the House of Evil will be available this year?

I've seen indications that the House of Evil will be offered. I don't know when, though.
  • I didn't want burns coffin but it is discouraging to say the least to hear of something having a time limit on it that is not explicitly shown to us in game. Not everyone comes to the forum or even searches the internet for info on a game. And to date "limited time" tag in game meant the duration of the event it showed up in not a subset time frame of that event. There is no reason for them not to put a time counter on the item if the item is not going to be available for the entire time of the event. I am so close to enough donuts to get one of the two things I want and I would be super ticked off if they were to disappear before I get the donuts which will happen at some point before the end of this event.
  • 00-marco_rosas wrote:
    had this been the Super Collider or and item more sought after, the entire community would be up in flames right now.

I'm guessing that's why they set up the precedent with something less sought after.
  • Since the supposed upcoming sale of other special items such as the SuperCollider are only whatchamacallit unfounded rumors (ahem) from whatshisname SpAnser, it is extreeeeeemely probable that about 99.9% of TSTO players out there have no clue that they are upcoming at all.

Such players who DID see Burns' coffin, and were lucky enough to KNOW they had to buy it in the 2-day period during which it was available, have NO CLUE that they might have CHOSEN to save up their donuts if they knew the other items coming up for sale.

I bet that was precisely EA's intent when they planned this roll-out. (Duh.)

• Take solace in the fact that it's not likely gone forever but just for this Halloween. It will likely be back for future Halloween events...though it does suck missing it this year...
  • Bump to (hopefully) merge.

Merge failed. Sorry about that. Here's a screenshot of the other thread: