Forum Discussion

11 years ago

can someone please explain the squidport tile trick?

You can tap the handshake but do not tap the tile icon.
  • heyho43 wrote:
    Leave it forever. To be safer, wait until you have 3 handshakes stacked. Then tap the side of the squidport. That will collect the bottom handshake. Leave 2 handshakes there. When you see another third tap the side of sp again, repeat... Tapping the handshake directly collects the most recent handshake. Tapping the sp structure collects the bottom handshake. Visitors can't add another handshake until their previous handshake is collected by you. Tapping the structure instead of the actual handshake cycles them. You won't have a stagnant handshake at the bottom. Make sense maybe?

Yes thank you. Although I don't think I've ever seen more than one handshake on one structure and I get at least 15-20 dAily neighbor visits.Is that stacking only working on the tile?
  • Heyhoy described a good method of collecting. However, it's still not commonly known that you have to synchronize your town between taps on your tile. After a neighbor taps on your tile, you have to synchronize your town (exit or enter) in order to assure another handshake can register. If you have three neighbors (or a hundred) tap your tile, but you haven't synchronized, you will lose the vast majority. The same goes for the farm, Channel 6, and Open Stage.

When SuperMario first discovered the glitch and TotalTapper came up with the triple tap method, we were all mystified why so few handshakes registered when it was clear that many neighbors visited. You need to visit your town very, very often for those handshakes to register. That or set up feeder towns or coordinate over Origin chat or PM with your neighbors.
  • heyho43 wrote:
    Thanks. Good info to know. Will use it when my corn hatches.

How does the farm work?