Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Christmas Sale?

what else do you expect from Gil?
  • hustlerfanzi wrote:
    what else do you expect from Gil?

Haha! True. That's a good one! :D
  • Ha maybe we should all join forces and bombard EA with emails for a REAL donut sale
  • I think EA have an opportunity here to make a 'lot' of money by having a discount on donuts! Because obviously everyone that says 'It's too expensive' is going to buy more donuts if they've been discounted! I'd be one of them!

Who even wants to spend like $20 for 200 donuts for Christmas items? I could buy a few buildings with that!

They better have a donut sale! :shock:

Besides EA want to make money, we all need money to pay bills. Not everyone has a disposal income.
  • I had already seen some stores offering 10% or 15% discounts on buying iTunes gift cards. Now I just saw that Safeway grocery stores is offering a 30% discount on a $50 iTunes gift card. So you can get a $50 card for $35. That is better than the possible EA sale. And if you buy the gift card on sale and then wait and see if EA offers a 25% sale you can end up with a good discount on buying donuts.

Maybe other stores will be/are offering sales on iTunes gift cards... Since gift cards are a huge business for the holiday, there might be some other good chances to save on buying donuts...
  • ubnashubnash wrote:
    I had already seen some stores offering 10% or 15% discounts on buying iTunes gift cards. Now I just saw that Safeway grocery stores is offering a 30% discount on a $50 iTunes gift card. So you can get a $50 card for $35. That is better than the possible EA sale. And if you buy the gift card on sale and then wait and see if EA offers a 25% sale you can end up with a good discount on buying donuts.

Maybe other stores will be/are offering sales on iTunes gift cards... Since gift cards are a huge business for the holiday, there might be some other good chances to save on buying donuts...

Good idea! Best to use gift cards!
  • battyguy wrote:

Good idea! Best to use gift cards!

Exactly right. Best Buy also has sales on gift cards. The last sale gave a $20.00 discount on $100.00-dollar cards as well as discounts on the lower-valued cards.
  • So where is this "free tree"? I have yet to get ANYTHING. I bought a mystery box which promised one of four items, & I got a stupid mailbox! (NOT one of the four!)
    I love this game but I'm getting pretty frustrated, pretty quickly. I also cannot accept any more friends, & I counted... I'm NOT at 100. (Close, but not there yet)

Edited because of stupid auto correct...lol.
  • MamabearPam wrote:
    So where is this "free tree"? I have yet to get ANYTHING. I bought a mystery box which promised one of four items, & I got a stupid mailbox! (NOT one of the four!)
    I love this game but I'm getting pretty frustrated, pretty quickly. I also cannot accept any more friends, & I counted... I'm NOT at 100. (Close, but not there yet)

Edited because of stupid auto correct...lol.

Patience Grasshopper. The lemon tree may appear in your next Mystery Box, your 10th, or, well, hope you get it soon. As for the wording, it is misleading. Those items are among the *many* possible items you may receive. Most are items you can do without, but sometimes you get lucky and receive 30--60 donuts (I have). I'm bummed about your inability to add friends too. You may need to resort to downloading the Origin client application for the PC.
  • melodyhodge wrote:
    Ha maybe we should all join forces and bombard EA with emails for a REAL donut sale

This is a great idea! Let's do it! Let's all email the heck out of them to get our sale. :twisted: