Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Collecting gold coins after all prizes - is it worth it?

The reward is lame, 1000 elixir.
  • The prize is definitely not donuts, it's just 1000 elixir. To me it's pointless (as was the whole event), but if you are interested in playing and stocking up on the event prizes then maybe you want to continue.
  • If it had been donuts, I would have spent all this time since I got the last prize attacking like crazy. Since all you get is more elixir, that isn't worth the effort to me.
  • sojournfan wrote:
    If it had been donuts, I would have spent all this time since I got the last prize attacking like crazy. Since all you get is more elixir, that isn't worth the effort to me.

Like they did with the bonus membership with the stonecutters
  • JimJ321 wrote:
    I predict a nasty surprise at the end of the vent..possibly trading elixir for cash or donuts.

Why would that be a nasty surprise?
  • drosax1 wrote:
    sojournfan wrote:
    If it had been donuts, I would have spent all this time since I got the last prize attacking like crazy. Since all you get is more elixir, that isn't worth the effort to me.

Like they did with the bonus membership with the stonecutters

Exactly. Unless you want to build a huge castle or medieval park, there is no motivation to keep collecting gold.
  • Just a heads up too because its worth mentioning, the collect 8000 gold/ get 1000 elixir task repeats over and over too. So not much use trying to complete it if you hope to clear it because it literally comes right back.

I am curious though, I've been trying to upgrade castle recycle and boxington for a few more walls, but I never got to complete Stonecutters because I was newer to the game. If there's some trade in for cash or donuts, will it be gold or elixir? Obviously we won't know for sure but I'd rather have cash or donuts I suppose than a couple of extra walls, so anyone have any thoughts on this?
  • The elixir is kind of worth it you can get some things. But as for the gold no it is not worth the trouble.
  • Adding more elixir, allows you to upgrade Homer, Marge, Lisa, and Bart. According to EA, the upgrades will be highlighted somewhere in the game, after this event is over. I will go for gold coins to get more elixir, until hell freezes over, it's the end of humanity, or the event ends. Which ever comes first, and, i'm betting on this event ending first.