Forum Discussion

anaquarind
New Spectator
9 years ago

Connectivity issues

anaquarind wrote:
I haven't seen anyone mention anything yet, but I haven't been able to connect for a while now - is anyone else experiencing any problems connecting to the server?

Nope. I am tapping like crazy!
  • anaquarind wrote:
    I haven't seen anyone mention anything yet, but I haven't been able to connect for a while now - is anyone else experiencing any problems connecting to the server?

Just now I haven't been able to connect. I keep getting the Bart screen, and retrying does no good. When I force close the app and reopen, the Gracie screen gets meshed with the Bart screen. Something screwy's going on.

Edit: Here's a picture.

• Sorry to hear you are having troubles.

I'm in the game right now..it must be something localized to your area with your service provider?
  • Working for me I would suggest you uninstalling and reinstalling the game is probably going to fix it in past events I've had the same error and uninstalling and reinstalling the game 99 percent of the time fix it
  • lynnmckenz82 wrote:
    anaquarind wrote:

Just now I haven't been able to connect. I keep getting the Bart screen, and retrying does no good. When I force close the app and reopen, the Gracie screen gets meshed with the Bart screen. Something screwy's going on.

This is the exact picture I get when forcing a restart. For some odd reason it works when connecting to cellular data on my phone (usually it's just wifi), but after connecting to wifi briefly, then turning cellular data off and going back to wifi, it works. Well, it works for a little while then I have the same issue (it's gone through 3 cycles now)

I'll try re-installing.
  • anaquarind wrote:
    lynnmckenz82 wrote:
    anaquarind wrote:

This is the exact picture I get when forcing a restart. For some odd reason it works when connecting to cellular data on my phone (usually it's just wifi), but after connecting to wifi briefly, then turning cellular data off and going back to wifi, it works. Well, it works for a little while then I have the same issue (it's gone through 3 cycles now)

I'll try re-installing.

@ anaquarind - Rogers appears to be experiencing some issues right now - so it may be that if you are with Rogers. It appears to be effecting cable and Internet from what I've been seeing.
  • suetopia wrote:
    anaquarind wrote:
    lynnmckenz82 wrote:
    anaquarind wrote:

I'll try re-installing.

@ anaquarind - Rogers appears to be experiencing some issues right now - so it may be that if you are with Rogers. It appears to be effecting cable and Internet from what I've been seeing.

Thanks, and indeed it is Rogers that I'm with but I'm on a wifi network at work (which is not Rogers).

Re-installing did not work... this is frustrating right at the home stretch of the event!
  • anaquarind wrote:
    suetopia wrote:
    anaquarind wrote:
    lynnmckenz82 wrote:
    anaquarind wrote:

I'll try re-installing.

Thanks, and indeed it is Rogers that I'm with but I'm on a wifi network at work (which is not Rogers).

Re-installing did not work... this is frustrating right at the home stretch of the event!

I'm not sure then if reinstalling didn't work and you're on a different Wi-Fi network than the one that Rodgers is having problems with maybe the Wi-Fi network that you're on at work uses Rogers Internet backbone and that is why you're having problems it could be further upstream from the actual ISP.

About The Simpsons Tapped Out General Discussion

Talk about your The Simpsons: Tapped Out experience with other TSTO players.

49,396 PostsLatest Activity: 16 hours ago