Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Currency Curiosity

When I first installed this apps back in august my Iphone was set to french from France so the game was called Les Simpsons: Springfield. In-game currency was the same,you collect dollars no Euros the only blatant thing was the buildings name in French and I just couldnt stand it. Since then my Iphone is set to english simply for this game eh
  • Nope, we use Euros where I am but the game still has dollar signs over the houses. I assume its because the Simpsons itself is set in America so naturally it takes the American currency.
  • spiffshine wrote:
    I know the game itself is available in different languages, but are the graphics any different?

***************SNIP*******************************

Is the wording on signage in English, like "Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff?"

Just curious...

The signs and building names are depicted in English, but references to them in descriptions, dialogues, and task lists are translated. For instance, the task for going to the Gulp 'n' Blow is to eat at "AEMLV" which disturbed me too at first, QCOuTLaWz, but I got used to it. The full name is a mouthful: Avale et Mets les Voiles!
  • My iPad has Dutch as language so the game is in English and there is no crazy Dutch translation for any of the buildings :mrgreen: and also there are still $ signs.
  • la_dadaista wrote:

En fran?ais c'est pas si mal, en italien c'est nul! The Italian translation of "Gulp'n'Blow is literal and (for me, at least) the worst in the game :P

:mrgreen: