Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Default Office of Employment tasks

I’ve been noticing that most of my characters’ default tasks when I send everyone to work via the Office of Unemployment is a shared community task instead of the unique task for each character. I really don’t like this, cause if I want to see my characters do their unique outdoor tasks, for several of them, I have to go through and send them off individually, otherwise they disappear indoors on a common generic task. I just noticed this with Everyman, which is too bad, cause I like his 4-hour “Use power-absorption power” task, but if I assign him with the Office of Unemployment, he just goes inside on the 4-hour task, which means I’ll never see this cool task unless I specifically look for him and make it happen.

It would be nice if EA would make the common tasks come after the unique tasks in the list so that the unique ones would be the defaults. Another solution would even be to allow us to set a default job to any number of characters of our choosing and then trigger all default jobs at once with a “Default Jobs” option at the Office of Unemployment.
  • "MarkNMo;d-229726" wrote:
    It would be nice if EA would make the common tasks come after the unique tasks in the list so that the unique ones would be the defaults. Another solution would even be to allow us to set a default job to any number of characters of our choosing and then trigger all default jobs at once with a “Default Jobs” option at the Office of Unemployment.

Yes this would be great, setting each 1, 4, 8 & 12 hour 'favourite taks' that we could trigger with one tap, and maybe even a 'generic favourite' button that we could assign any length task to any character and set them all off at the same time - so Moe could go bowling for 4 hours while Homer walks around acting superior for an hour and Marge cruises around on her broomstick for 8 hours, all set off with one tap.

• I still enjoy setting my characters manually when I have the time. And when I don't have the time I guess I don't really care what they do as I won't be seeing them :/
  • I would love the default task option. I don’t need one for each time span, just one task per character, any skin, any duration. And the ability to send all available characters on their default task with the unemployment agency. There are skins and tasks that I really enjoy that I don’t use because it’s too much effort to send them individually.