Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Dropping feds instead of tapping gifts when visiting neighbours

nissa762 wrote:
Can anyone else confirm this?

From what I can tell so far, when I drop a fed and I'm out of friend actions I only get 1 FP and no gifts. I've gotten 120 actions per day that give presents twice now - 2 presents at 10FP and 1 present for 5FP, 4FP and 2FP actions. Sent some feds out last night and didn't get anything back this morning.

BUT when I'm out of FP actions and a friend drops a fed in my town, I get 1 present per fed. Seems like this is a better way to help your neighbours collect presents.

I've only dropped feds today instead of clicking presents and it seems like it's also a quick way to visit friends instead of finding buildings to tap. Looks like it's a faster way to visit neighbours as well.

Am I being a bit thick? I can't work out how to drop Feds, I get the "use the fed button" dialogue but I can't find it anywhere.
  • izabellatrix wrote:
    So are you saying it's better to drop feds instead of tapping buildings? What if you do a combination of both? Like, collect as many presents as you can until you hit the limit, then start dropping feds. Would this work?

From what I can tell so far, yes. It won't benefit you directly (except that it's faster) but will benefit your neighbour and hopefully they'll return the gesture by dropping feds in your town.

Tapping presents vs dropping feds in a neighbour's town has resulted in the same amount of presents for me. Personally, I'll be only dropping feds for this event.

• barszap785 wrote:
    izabellatrix wrote:
    So are you saying it's better to drop feds instead of tapping buildings? What if you do a combination of both? Like, collect as many presents as you can until you hit the limit, then start dropping feds. Would this work?

That's what I was hoping would be the thing to do but I haven't been able to make sense of what people are reporting so I don't know.

I'm pretty confused too. Do we get a present as soon as we drop a fed? Or is it after some time, like with the Grem-aliens?
  • izabellatrix wrote:
    barszap785 wrote:
    izabellatrix wrote:

That's what I was hoping would be the thing to do but I haven't been able to make sense of what people are reporting so I don't know.

I'm pretty confused too. Do we get a present as soon as we drop a fed? Or is it after some time, like with the Gremlins?

I'm hoping someone can confirm my results so we'd all know for sure. For me, the presents from feds pay immediately. I didn't get anything else other than the initial payout from feds I dropped last night when I checked this morning.
  • I reached the fed thing and can now drop feds in others towns. So far as I can tell, I was able to drop a fed in every town that had the toyshop built. They dropped presents immediately. They use your friend actions, so when I dropped 3 in one town, that was it for that town. I got to the town where my limit usually hits and (if I was tapping buildings for presents) the presents stop and I just get cash, and the feds stopped dropping gifts (Is this down to the towns payers getting to a certain point in the quests and a coincidence, or are feds capped?). Feds dropped in my town by friends give me presents.

Basically, can anyone confirm if feds are capped other than 3 per town?
  • If feds have a limit on how long they pay out presents to the person who sends them, I think I see a potential problem.

If they paid out for every drop, then people would just drop them in every town and skip tapping houses because feds are a win/win. The sender and the receiver get presents.

But it seems like the payoff for the feds drops off over time just like the presents. If that's so, this is the problem I see.

People are already saying,"So, I'll click houses until those stop paying out, and then I'll drop feds on the rest of my neighbors!"

Since most people go through their lists alphabetically, the folks in the first part of the alphabet will check in to find all of their houses tapped, and no feds. Yay for money, but no gifts. The folks at the end of the alphabet won't get many houses tapped, but they'll have feds as long as they keep their town cleared. No money, but plenty of gifts.

I'm near enough the middle that these things don't really affect me much either way, but I know that the people closer to either end get pinched when things like this happen.

If both tapping and feds lose value over time, I think it would be a good idea to consider either working backwards through your neighbors lists to offset all the people who normally go front to back...

OR

...try doing something with your 3 actions in each town like tap, tap, fed, and then tap, fed, fed and repeat.

You get the same amount of payoff over your neighborhoods, and you even out what might get pretty dicey for our a-d folks.

I hope that made sense. I've been on migraine medicine, and sometimes things don't come out like they should...
  • Although the giver doesn't get gifts from all of the feds, I believe that receiver gets gifts from all of the feds. This would mean that you would want to always tap the fed button, so all your neighbors get gifts. At least this is my interpretation of what was on tstoaddicts.
  • nissa762 wrote:
    When visiting friends I have an icon in the top right corner with a counter of how many feds I have (3 per town and they appear as long as the workshop is built and the neighbour has progressed far enough to collect presents). Clicking that button/icon will drop a fed. You don't have to do anything to "earn" more feds, you will have the option to drop feds or click gifts but you can't do both as each will count as an action.

To get the ability to drop feds, you need to have completed Jingle Bell Wreck pt 9 where Homer has a 1hr Call homeland security task, then you will get a task to send federal agents to other towns x3 (can be completed by dropping 3 in one town). After this you should be able to drop feds when visiting friends. Same as regular friend visits, you'll need the 3 actions available.

Let me know if that's the information you needed.

EDIT: I rushed the build of the workshop and a couple tasks, so I'm probably a bit early on the Jingle Bell Wreck questline.

Just wanted to say thank you. I was fed up :mrgreen: looking for that button.
  • Pokelon wrote:

Just wanted to say thank you. I was fed up :mrgreen: looking for that button.

Welcome! :)
  • I dropped feds in everybodys town, i got presents up to the point of 1fp. Then the present stopped, only got cash after that and doughnuts. when i click feds in my town i get 1 present for everyone that i tapped.

So the best option would be to use feds only as it benfits both your friend and yourself.