Forum Discussion

10 years ago

EA look... Decoration limit poll and petition

http://i.imgur.com/vnVwsHx.jpg
    heyababy47428
    Seasoned Newcomer
    sandwedgeking wrote:

And what's this "lag" everyone is talking about? I'm at the max decos and I have no issues to speak of. Play exclusively on and iPhone 6 with absolutely no problems. No rendering issues, no excessive load times. Occasional graphical glitches have been a part of this game for as long as I can remember, but do not hinder actual game play. I don't even recall the last time the app crashed.

I find this statement amusing because you're basically saying "I play on a top of the line phone with a great network, why aren't the rest of you playing on a $500 phone?" It's a little like yelling at homeless people to get a job from your stretch limo as you drive by lighting your cigar with a freshly minted bill. :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • I agree! I haven't hit the limit yet, but I won't be happy when I do.

I must be close...
  • heyababy47428 wrote:
    sandwedgeking wrote:

And what's this "lag" everyone is talking about? I'm at the max decos and I have no issues to speak of. Play exclusively on and iPhone 6 with absolutely no problems. No rendering issues, no excessive load times. Occasional graphical glitches have been a part of this game for as long as I can remember, but do not hinder actual game play. I don't even recall the last time the app crashed.

I find this statement amusing because you're basically saying "I play on a top of the line phone with a great network, why aren't the rest of you playing on a $500 phone?" It's a little like yelling at homeless people to get a job from your stretch limo as you drive by lighting your cigar with a freshly minted bill. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been compared to many things over my life, but never a rich dude berating homeless folks. Out of all the that I've said in this thread, I'm happy that particular statement is the one you chose spotlight and derive amusement from. :wink:

Now if you'll excuse me, I don't like to keep my driver waiting . . .
    http://s30.postimg.org/8dmwvtl1d/heybaby.png
  • sandwedgeking wrote:
    If EA can't/won't increase the limit, how about releasing "extra large shrubs" - extending the size of the regular shrubs. Extended fence panels? Double-length walls? Instead of 1 x 2, give us options for 1 x 4, 1 x 8, etc.

This. A million times, this. There are many 1x1 items that could benefit from this solution, especially the small flowers, shrubs, walls, and fences. They could even clump trees into larger blocks for those who like forests. Considering they could do this by reusing existing graphics it seems like a trivially easy way to improve the situation without affecting the limit.
  • Its a while since I posted this..... when I used to play Zoo tycoon, some of the maps were either small or strange shaped. Some of the scenarios deliberately required you to raise visitor happiness or display large numbers of animals either in a small space or with very little money. Surely this is the challenge....to work with what you have??? I moan about deco limits too but only because I choose to try to create pictures using items which can mean an 80 x 80 square with an item in every single one. A TSTO master of this type of art (Indy2nd) taught me not to create pictures in the landing zone in case it crashed neighbours on visiting. Those of us that choose to exploit the item limits can never have a high enough limit since if it is raised there will be a flurry of fresh builds until the warning starts up again! I think the limit should reflect any new land releases, and that it should be based on squares covered rather than numbers of items, but I also understand why this is not the case. Treat the deco limit like a challenge:-)

One thing they could do is allow multiplier items to be stored without removing the factor (like SH stuff can be stored without removing its worth)....in my case this would allow loads of things like small nukes and giant balloons to go.

Another option which would be less popular would be to zone the playing area so that only one of a number of zones is loaded at a time... so crossing a zone border would be like taking the bus to KL....