Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Earning Doughnuts

JUST buy em
  • Its been a long term debate in most games whether exploiting is cheating, and EA have expressed a couple of times that as far as they are concerned exploits in-game are part of the design and arent hacking, which is why we can freely donut farm in this game for example.

Most people who do donut farm however have spent money on the game, and more often than not have been playing for years. Unfortunately in this case if you cant beat the system (by buying donuts) then you must join it (by farming donuts). I think you’ll find only a very small minority hack by EA’s standards.
  • Please read the guides at the top of the forum. There are so many ways to earn donuts now.

• "liamchandler;c-1886785" wrote:
    Its been a long term debate in most games whether exploiting is cheating, and EA have expressed a couple of times that as far as they are concerned exploits in-game are part of the design and arent hacking, which is why we can freely donut farm in this game for example.

I’d frame it a bit differently. To say that a particular game feature is both “part of the design” and an exploit is sort of a contradiction in terms. An exploit by definition takes advantage of a bug or vulnerability to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior in a piece of software. Further, the EA TOS explicitly forbids the use of exploits.

It seems clear (at least to me) that the game is set up in such a way that encourages or least tacitly allows users to accumulate donuts by various means such as KEM farming. It’s a by-design feature, not an exploit. If it were not by design, the developers would have patched it long ago. The bottom line, of course, is the same — it’s okay to farm donuts.
  • Have you considered joining the KEM farming crew to get a reasonable supply of donuts?

P.s if interested check out https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/149536/kwik-e-mart-also-known-as-kem-farming-guide#latest
  • "liamchandler;c-1886785" wrote:
    Its been a long term debate in most games whether exploiting is cheating, and EA have expressed a couple of times that as far as they are concerned exploits in-game are part of the design and arent hacking, which is why we can freely donut farm in this game for example.

Most people who do donut farm however have spent money on the game, and more often than not have been playing for years. Unfortunately in this case if you cant beat the system (by buying donuts) then you must join it (by farming donuts). I think you’ll find only a very small minority hack by EA’s standards.

CAN you please explain what is donut farming and how does it work? So it is not concerned as hacking?
  • "krisspinkovs;c-1886804" wrote:
    "liamchandler;c-1886785" wrote:

CAN you please explain what is donut farming and how does it work? So it is not concerned as hacking?

The guide posted by devilhunt will do much better at explaining than I could,

"devilhunt1449;c-1886786" wrote:
    Have you considered joining the KEM farming crew to get a reasonable supply of donuts?

P.s if interested check out https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/149536/kwik-e-mart-also-known-as-kem-farming-guide#latest

• I might need to buy donuts to get everything I want in the Valentine's Day Mystery Box, and the various Valentine's themed items I want.

However, the good news is that I will be Level 939 way before then; so time will tell how much money I'll need to shell out when that day comes.
  • "devilhunt1449;c-1886786" wrote:
    Have you considered joining the KEM farming crew to get a reasonable supply of donuts?

Ty I Will consider this.... Now im tryin to understand the "strategy" and the way its explained. But ty