Forum Discussion

dcacooper
New Spectator
11 years ago

Error making donut purchase ... anyone seen this?

Best thing to do is to contact Apple support. They usually get back to you right away. Then you'll know for sure. Also, if your account was charged, they will refund your money.
  • dcacooper wrote:
    Recently taken delivery of a new iPad. Game works perfectly, and I have had no problems making purchases from other apps, or the app store itself. Thought I would give a donut purchase a try just to see it was working if and when I ever wanted it, so hit the button to spend £2.99 on 60 donuts, only to get a message that "There may have been a problem with your purchase".

Time will tell whether Apple take any money (as it takes them a ridiculous amount of time to send the receipt) but I didn't get the donuts, and wasn't asked to give my password ... so I assume that means a complete failure of the transaction.

Seems odd, given I haven't had problems with purchasing anything else, but I checked my AppleID and it was fine, set to use the correct payment card, and there was plenty of money in the account to cover a £3 purchase.

Anyone had this experience before ... and do we have any clues what might have happened?

If you didn't authenticate the transaction with your password, there's no way it went through. To be safe, I'd wait a few days, double check you haven't had a receipt / been billed, and if you have, raise it with Apple. My receipts usually come through the day after the purchase.
  • jackbsmummy wrote:
    Usually you would have to enter your password to confirm the purchase so I would say you wasn't charged but definitely contact apple just in case

That's my thought.

It isn't the £3 that is the issue, really. The impression I get from people on here is that Apple are pretty good about refunding on failed purchases where necessary, but I am concerned that the transaction failed, apparently without good reason ... it can't be the internet connection as then the game itself would throw an error.

Is it possible the app store just took too long to respond, as it does sometimes seem to take an age to do anything?
  • There are several things that could cause this. If there is a sudden increase in your latency it will put you out of sync with the host most online games this causes what is know as lag. However when trying to purchase items it will cause an interruption as a safety measure. If you are using a cable internet service this could be caused by many factors and is normally resolved at the node.
  • Similar happened to me using Android.

Made 3 Golden Scratch-R purchases 2 days ago.

1st went through no issue.
    2nd was billed to my debit card and when I returned to the game to scratch the ticket the game glitched with the message...
    "There may have been a problem with your purchase" and than my game crashed.
    Went back into the game thinking I might get the Golden Scratch-R still but only ended up realizing I lost my $1.
    3rd went through no issue.

2 days later my bank account is still down $3 for all 3 tickets.