Forum Discussion

6 years ago

event update on server

game of games
  • "abc1939593565;c-2072378" wrote:
    Well an esports themed one it looks like so shoots down my speculation of a soccer themed event with the world cup being on fox this year.

Why do people call it soccer, not only do I think it's a stupid name, but other than Soccer Aid, (Last week), the only time I heard it, it was on a magazine called that, but that was over 35 years ago.

Incidentally, I hate football, don't watch it, don't play it, don't even watch England play, if they were any good they'd have won something by now.
  • "Willy9292;c-2072620" wrote:
    "KLmaker;c-2072606" wrote:
    "abc1939593565;c-2072378" wrote:
    Well an esports themed one it looks like so shoots down my speculation of a soccer themed event with the world cup being on fox this year.

Why do people call it soccer, not only do I think it's a stupid name, but other than Soccer Aid, (Last week), the only time I heard it, it was on a magazine called that, but that was over 35 years ago.

Incidentally, I hate football, don't watch it, don't play it, don't even watch England play, if they were any good they'd have won something by now.

We call it soccer because that is the name of the game. Football is a totally separate game.

https://i.imgur.com/ZEMWrxJ.jpg

No, football is football, what you play is more like rugby, and to call rugby football is an insult to rugby, just as is saying that we play soccer because you play football.