Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Every Character Should Have Standard Task Durations

It would not have occurred to me that this being absent would be something people perceived negatively. But, sure, why not?

While we're at it, more animated tasks. Specifically tasks that seem like they should be animated but aren't, e.g. Grampa's 'walk around like it's 1953' task.
  • I agree with all that's been posted. It just seems to me that ea didn't put much thought into many characters task lists :-/
  • I've always figured that the lack of matching times for all the characters was part of the time-management challenge of this game. You just have to make the best choices for generating money in the time you have available. Or buy the premium buildings you need to enable those extra tasks.

Sure, I'd love to have 2-hour tasks for everyone because that would work out perfectly when I check back in two hours to collect more nerds. But I've managed okay nonetheless.

I do agree that Stampy needs more outdoor tasks. Even just a "Graze" option where he wanders around and eats the flowers. Seems a shame to have an elephant who ends up indoors most of the time.
  • I do wish some of the characters had more diversity in task lengths, but to me it's more important that joint tasks show up in all the applicable characters' task lists. That really throws my synching off the most. I'm not hurting for in-game money, but it is annoying when I send Flanders off on something and then realize I needed him free for Maud or Rex. I do sometimes store a character so s/he ends up at the end of the character line up (Bart so I'd stop forgetting about Stampy), but that can be tedious and not worth it.