Forum Discussion

bluntcard
Seasoned Novice
9 years ago

Fear TSTO is losing focus

I'm with you on the upgrade buildings, they definitely aren't my style. I have seen some people do really cool designs with tons of the tall level 5 buildings, but I am trying to keep my town a small town if that makes sense :mrgreen: someplace where I'd enjoy walking and looking around.

I keep them all in storage and my Springfield Heights is currently empty, I plan to just use it as a Springfield extension when I need it, rather than making it into a special resort/high class area

BIG positives about Springfield Heights for me though: We got several more generic decorations like palm trees that can be placed on grass, small potted plant, vineyard and the fancy bushes. We got a bunch more land, and most of the non upgrading buildings are cool looking (Incubator Think Tank, Burns Slant Drilling Co, LA Body Works, and Springfield Lake too)

so basically, I'm not really into the SH expansion as a whole, so I'm just taking the parts I do like and fitting them into my original idea of my Springfield. Seems like it's just a way to keep people busy between events, and so they filled it with mostly non-essential content
  • JimJ321 wrote:
    I do not agree with any of the above comments. I have been tapping happily all morning.

I agree with this comment. I'm sitting at my desk with my tablet up on the front edge of the desk and just idly clearing and restarting SH material collections in between what I'm doing on my PC. For me SH is only a pain if I focus on it because then I'm constantly sitting and waiting for things to finish so I can collect and restart. When its background to something else the only time I'm even thinking about it is when I notice the thumbs up hanging over one or more of the buildings.
    bluntcard
    Seasoned Novice
    ArmpitAttack As long as it's separate, that's fine. My concern ( just a concern, not a controversy ) is that the game might be headed in a non Simpsons direction. I'm a fan of the Simpsons and want Simpsons TV show items in my town. That's all I'm saying.
  • I think it's funny how people are so short sighted. if something doesn't appeal specifically to YOU, then it must be crap, and to heck with anyone else who may like it.

SH gameplay is completely different. But It's ok. Play it if you want, or just ignore it. What? you have an icon in your task book? boohoo. Simply ignore it, like i ignore this golden bear i'll never eliminate.

Some people want to play every hour continuously. SH is perfect for THEM. I don't prefer it but it's OK, there's still stuff i enjoy.

Some people wanted a "collect all" button. The IRS building came out for them.
    Some people wanted a "task all" button. The UE building came out for them.

In both instances, supporters of those ideas said "if you don't like it, just don't use it".

Same goes for 10 identical buildings. If you only want 1, then only display one!

If you don't like it, cool; you're entitled to your opinion. but don't second guess the game designers, like you're confused the game isn't tailored to your personal preferences.

just keep calm and tap on!