Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Help! I can't focus.

I keep second guessing myself on where to focus. I could use some better GAC teams. I could go Geos, but I'm just starting on them. I could work towards Padme, or Chewbacca, or I could just focus on gearing up existing characters. Or Nightsisters, in particular Zombie. I recently got CLS, I could work on gearing up him and Han/Chewbacca. (I feel like I got him and have no idea what to do with him.) I've also been working towards JKR. I was also leveling up ships toward the Finalizer, which had been painfully slow.

I know I need to focus, I'm just not sure where/how. Can anybody help me?

https://swgoh.gg/p/367964651/

Oh and my main goal is SLKR, so I've put a lot of effort into FO, but they could maybe use a break so I can get more GAC teams.
  • "Waqui;c-2324407" wrote:
    "MisinformedDNA;c-2324402" wrote:
    Awesome guidance. Thank you.

I was confused by the JKA/NI comment, but after a search, I found the NS Zombie/Anakin loop. Lol. But did NI refer to NS Initiate? I don't see anything about her.

You don't use zombie for that team:
    Talzin (zeta lead), Asajj (zeta unique), Daka, Initiate and JKA.

Don't gear initiate too high. You want her to die quickly. Mod her for high crit chance.

Just keep in mind that as soon as you join a guild where people solo hSTR, you won't even see phase 3,where you use that NS team.

Best of luck to you.

Imp troopers can also clear p3, I use relic Veers, Starck and Piett (SEE requirements), with a g11 Gideon and g7 range trooper
  • If you invest in toons, you better make sure they are core to a useful team. Just having CLS does not mean you are already half way done to a cls team. getting Chewie and 3PO will be much tougher but they are important to a CLS team.

So, this is a resource management team. Invest your resources in teams, which can be of use at minimum gear.
    Nightsisters and geos are good teams even at low gear. While FO not so much.
  • Focus on characters/teams that will help you increase you income of resources to further develop your roster.

I'd recommend to find a guild that does the Separatist Might TB (GET II and Wat), farms Heroic STR (g12+ gear and Traya) and raids frequently (generates more than 20k tickets a day) ASAP. You will benefit greatly from the extra rewards.

You already rank consistently in top-10 (or even top-5) in fleet arena but you won't for long without Malevolence or Negotiator. Start farming the 5 Separatist ships and 3 Geonosian pilots ASAP. You will need them to remain in top-10 in fleet arena and for a Malevolence fleet (along with GG). If you have all 5 geonosians geared and ready for the Wat mission in TB it Will help you enter an even stronger guild.

For GAC (based on your GAC-history):
    +* If you want to use your NS against geonosians you will need zombie and zetas on Talzin's lead and Asajj's unique. With NI and JKA your NS will be able to solo phase 3 of hSTR. However, apart from Asajj the NS aren't required for any journey character or GL.
    * A zeta on EP's lead will take your empire team to a whole new level.
    * A zeta on Bossk's lead will make your BH able to beat NS teams (and also help you on higher tiers af Chewie's event and in fleet arena).
    * Cassian's U-wing will improve your rebel fleet greatly (no need to gear the pilots). Gearing up Han and Chewie will as well.

When choosing your first GL I'd recommend one that solos hSTR even if it's not the strongest one for GAC.
    You may as well buy shards for Dengar, Logray, Rex, GG and such already. You will need/want them eventually.
  • Awesome guidance. Thank you.

I was confused by the JKA/NI comment, but after a search, I found the NS Zombie/Anakin loop. Lol. But did NI refer to NS Initiate? I don't see anything about her.
  • "MisinformedDNA;c-2324402" wrote:
    Awesome guidance. Thank you.

You don't use zombie for that team:
    Talzin (zeta lead), Asajj (zeta unique), Daka, Initiate and JKA.

Don't gear initiate too high. You want her to die quickly. Mod her for high crit chance.

Just keep in mind that as soon as you join a guild where people solo hSTR, you won't even see phase 3,where you use that NS team.

Best of luck to you.
  • What I find helps is to flag one character as a Journey character so all the sub-characters needed are highlighted. Then manually flag five characters for a team you want to work on, plus one character needed for the Journey. Buy and farm any and all gear that is flagged as useful for them until they are at a level you're comfortable with, then unflag and move onto either the next team or the next Journey character.

If multiple characters can use the same piece of gear, I prioritize as follows:

• The journey character.
  • The squad character with the lowest gp. (This way you finish a squad at about the same time)
  • Any other character needed for the Journey.
  • Any other character that I like.

You'll notice that with that prioritization I don't horde gear. That's intentional. Part of the reason I think people lack squads is because they're afraid to dip into their horde. I just gear up everything and deal with it later.

A few caveats--
    Ideally, the squad you want to work on will be characters that interact well with whatever your Journey is. So if you're going for Padme, you're working on Galactic Republic. But, later, say you're going for Jedi Master Luke. You farm up so many characters to get him that if you're also working on Rebels or Jedi or even Empire, you can compliment a bunch of teams that use the characters needed to get Luke. This isn't much of a big deal with Rey or Kylo since they both mostly use characters of their own faction, and those factions don't mix well with other teams. But, you know, for later!

"A level you're comfortable with" is a pretty iffy statement. That's because it's entirely subjective. If you're working on getting Chewie or Padme, you could probably be safe stopping at g12 before moving onto the next batch of characters and come back to them later when you're ready to farm hellllllla relics.