Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Firing elves in neighbors towns...

you can't. the scoreboard counts how many you fire in your town
  • Just click the cannon when it has the fuze icon over it, just like when you fire the cannon in your own town. It won't use up your elves though, and it won't increase your rank since that only counts the elves you fire from your own cannon. But it will get you more bells than if you click on any other building, plus it will give your friend bells too. Clicking on the Elf Tunnel does the same, so click on those 2 things when you can.
  • didnt i read something about dogs eating the elves and Lisa suggesting firing bags of dog food insted?
  • DexAspen wrote:
    didnt i read something about dogs eating the elves and Lisa suggesting firing bags of dog food insted?

lisa wanted to fire bags of dog food to feed the polar bears, so they would not eat the elves. Professor frink rather shoot elves not dog food although its possible he said, but unlikely.
  • i like Lisa's idea better then feeding innocent little elves to polar bears. they can be pets or little butlers and maids for the wealthy.

#elveslivesmatter
  • izabellatrix wrote:
    Just click the cannon when it has the fuze icon over it, just like when you fire the cannon in your own town. It won't use up your elves though, and it won't increase your rank since that only counts the elves you fire from your own cannon. But it will get you more bells than if you click on any other building, plus it will give your friend bells too. Clicking on the Elf Tunnel does the same, so click on those 2 things when you can.

Thanks! I was sick all week when this portion of the event started and didn't get to keep up with the forums. I thought that the game dialogue said somEtching about firing into a neighbors town,,,obviously that's not the case.
  • cpodraza wrote:
    izabellatrix wrote:
    Just click the cannon when it has the fuze icon over it, just like when you fire the cannon in your own town. It won't use up your elves though, and it won't increase your rank since that only counts the elves you fire from your own cannon. But it will get you more bells than if you click on any other building, plus it will give your friend bells too. Clicking on the Elf Tunnel does the same, so click on those 2 things when you can.

Thanks! I was sick all week when this portion of the event started and didn't get to keep up with the forums. I thought that the game dialogue said somEtching about firing into a neighbors town,,,obviously that's not the case.

Sick during Christmas? You poor thing. :(
  • cpodraza wrote:
    izabellatrix wrote:

You are firing the elves FROM your town INTO their town... theoretically. (When new elves arrive they land with a shattering of glass, and most land near the "North Pole" sign , but other than these story elements I don't know if neighbour actions actually affect the quantity or frequency of new elves in your town.)

But tapping the cannon in neighbour towns, while it plays the animation, doesn't affect either players' collected elves. It does, however, give both of you bonus bells, so do it whenever you can.
  • DexAspen wrote:
    i like Lisa's idea better then feeding innocent little elves to polar bears. they can be pets or little butlers and maids for the wealthy.

#elveslivesmatter

Although by firing them at the North Pole, where they may or may not be eaten by polar bears, we are empowering them towards freedom, self-determination and control over the own lives (once they get to the Pole and the bears open the jars, of course. They don't have much self-determination whilst they are still in the jar).
    By giving the elves freedom, we are acting in their best interests. We can't be held responsible for the actions of the bears.