Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Future land expansion

It's been like that before the squidport update. We assume it was gona be the sea and the southern side. Maybe they'll add more land for camp krusty
  • No with the land expansion they added a "zoom" to the closest piece of land. I saw it this morning when I purchased another plot. I was on the opposite side of the map, it scrolled to the closest available plot. With 0 plots left I guess that's the remaining of this feature.
  • Going off the mountains being North, has anyone noticed how far the beach extends to the south? Even though it's all shaded out, it still goes on past what we can buy. Maybe they eventually plan on expanding it south and east.
  • chrisp530 wrote:
    Going off the mountains being North, has anyone noticed how far the beach extends to the south? Even though it's all shaded out, it still goes on past what we can buy. Maybe they eventually plan on expanding it south and east.

There are grass textures that direction as well and not in the other direction. I wasn't the first to notice that and it could certainly mean nothing.
  • RenegadeMoose wrote:
    chrisp530 wrote:
    Going off the mountains being North, has anyone noticed how far the beach extends to the south? Even though it's all shaded out, it still goes on past what we can buy. Maybe they eventually plan on expanding it south and east.

There are grass textures that direction as well and not in the other direction. I wasn't the first to notice that and it could certainly mean nothing.

Great point. I've noticed that as well. I think an expansion is inevitable at some point, way too much content to release to cram it in a 14x13 space (not counting the two rows of water). Don't want to get my hopes up though, as I'm sure if it does ever happen, it's way down the road.
  • I have been stopped from buying land at the south end which was available a few weeks ago. (I was going to buy it but then came the wolfcastle and rodd & todd updates, so I ended up buying the buildings with my savings instead.) In other words, it seems 1 row, (at least), has been snatched back and is now unavailable... Seems EA taking a leaf out of the Spanish governments book lol... Seriously though, has anyone else experienced this?? :?
  • Deadshot_DCU wrote:
    I can see them expand more to the south & east

SeungyeonAngel wrote:
    maybe to the north? anything is possible.

Maybe to the west http://i.imgur.com/1wc01R2.gif